Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: BB Z10

Unable to use BBM on Z10

I am unable to get BBM to work on my new Z10.  I could not transfer from the old 9000, it gave me a server not avail error when trying to login so I created a new id. If I send and invite no one receives the invite. Email, Internet, telephone and SMS all function on the unit.  Help!!

New Contributor
My Device: 32 gig Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Unable to use BBM on Z10

I had the same problem.  I found there is a small update for the phone.  After that it worked.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Wolfmke wrote:

I had the same problem.  I found there is a small update for the phone.  After that it worked.

Any chance you could share how/where you found the update ??

New Contributor
My Carrier: Bell

I had the same problem. Spent 6 hrs on the phone with Bell tech and Blackberry tech. Frustrating as hell. Neither could solve the problem. Blackberry tech finally said to get a new phone. Problem is my Bell store have none left so I'm without a properly funtioning phone until next week., If anyone know a solution PLEASE let me know. Thx

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Fido

What version of bbm were you running on previous phone and does the bbm on there still function

New Contributor

Not sure which version my old phone is running, although I'm sure it is an older one. BBM on the old phone does not work as it is no longer connected to the carrier. For this reason I'm unable to update BBM on the old phone as well. 

Regular Contributor

Did the BBM on the Z10 prompt you to login with your BBID?

Do you still have your BIS online login info? try logging in and see what device or pin is associated with it. BB10 doesent use it but your old device might still be attached to the account if your BBM was never updated to use your BB ID.

New Contributor

Honesty, I have no idea what any of that means or how to find out that information. 

Regular Contributor

In that case, what phone did you have before and have you been able to transfer anything at all over to your new Z10 phone?

New Contributor

My old phone is a Curve 8530. The only data that transferred was some notes I made in the memo pad app. None of my contacts or BBM info transferred.