Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: 5194964556

Unsupported Device

I have 2 BB10's in my home, and use a Mac.  My wifes bb10 connects fine but my bb10 has problems conntecting to Blackberry Link. When i try it says:

Unsupported Device

Your current verision of Blackberry Playbook Tablet OS is not supported by Blackberry Link. Check for available software updates for your tablet and try again.

We do have a Playbook but that connects well. It's only my BB10 that cannot connect, and I'd like to back up my files.

Any Ideas.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Unsupported Device

[ Edited ]

Hi nrobinson,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

Can you please tell me the full version of BlackBerry Link you have installed as well as the full version of BlackBerry Device Software you have? Is this the same version of software your BlackBerry Z10 smartphone came with? Is it also the same version as on your wife's BlackBerry Z10 smartphone?

I look forward to your response.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: 5194964556

Looks like i have versions Blackberry Link 1.0.1 (build 6).  My Z10 is 10.0.10.85.

I should expand on this a little. I bought 2 z10's the day it came out. I'm not sure which Link was installed. My z10 was having some problems so I contacted Koodo who sent me a NEW Z10 which is the one I am having problems with. I did uninstall Link and upload a new one from the BB website thinking it was a software problem but that hasn't helped. My wife does have the same software version as I always try to update them at the same time.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Unsupported Device

Your current verision of Blackberry Playbook Tablet OS is not supported by Blackberry Link. Check for available software updates for your tablet and try again.

This is the message I get on BB Link 1.1.1 (build 35).  Phone Software is 10.1.0.4181

I run a Mac with Mountain Lion and VMWare Fiusion with Windows 7.  I only sync on the Mac OS.

Any suggestions?