Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

Highlighted
Solutions: 6,380
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Using Link to import Calendar & Contacts to Z10

[ Edited ]

How to import Outlook contacts and calendar appointments using BlackBerry Link 1.0.1 for Windows

(Taken from, and further details at: http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2013/03/blackberry-link-import-outlook/#more-6968)

How to install or upgrade BlackBerry Link for Windows

If you have not installed BlackBerry Link yet, visit http://blackberry.com/blackberrylink and follow the instructions to download and install BlackBerry Link for Windows. If you have already installed BlackBerry Link, you will be automatically prompted to install BlackBerry Link for Windows v1.0.1.

Note: For those that use a Mac, stay tuned for more information in the near future.

Importing contacts and calendar data during device migration or during the new device setup wizard

If you are upgrading to a BlackBerry 10 smartphone, after installing BlackBerry Link you’ll be able to import your Outlook contacts and calendar appointments during the device migration process. If you are connecting a BlackBerry 10 smartphone to BlackBerry Link for the first time, you will also be able to import your contacts and appointments during the new device setup wizard.

When prompted, complete the following steps to import your Outlook contacts and calendar details to your new BlackBerry 10 smartphone:

1. On the Import Contacts and Calendar Appointments from Microsoft Outlook screen, click the Transfer Data button.

bb-link-1

2. Select the Microsoft Outlook profile containing the data to be imported.

3. Use the checkboxes to select the data to be imported.

• Calendar appointments occurring in the last 30 days or in the future will be imported to the BlackBerry 10 smartphone

4. Click Next.

Once you have imported your Outlook contacts and appointments, you can update your contacts at any time by following the instructions in the next section.

Importing Outlook Contacts and Calendar data from BlackBerry Link device settings

If you have already set up your BlackBerry 10 smartphone, complete the following steps to import your Outlook contacts and calendar details:

1. Open BlackBerry Link for Windows.

2. Connect your BlackBerry smartphone to the PC using a USB cable.

3. In BlackBerry Link, click on the name of your BlackBerry smartphone followed by clicking the gear icon in the top right corner to open the settings menu.

4. Click Import From Outlook.

Note: An upcoming release of BlackBerry Link will support full two-way synchronization.

bb-link-2

Caution: A pop-up message may appear if you have previously imported data from Microsoft Outlook to your BlackBerry 10 smartphone using BlackBerry Link. Importing the data again will add new contacts and calendar appointments, but will not update any existing records that have been modified on the device.

5. On the Import Your Contacts and Calendar Appointments screen, select the data to import by clicking the Contacts and/or Calendar appointments checkboxes. Click Next followed by Ok to transfer your data.

bb-link-3

6. On the Data Transfer Complete screen, click Finish.

7. Click Close Settings to return to the normal media and document view.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Torch
My Carrier: O2

Re: Using Link to import Calendar & Contacts to Z10

[ Edited ]

Hmm...so this will only work with Outlook 2007, 2010 and 2013?  What about Outlook 2003?

"With the release of BlackBerry Link v1.0.1 for Windows, a new feature has been added that allows you to import your local contacts and calendar appointments stored in Microsoft Outlook 2007, 2010, and 2013 to your BlackBerry 10 smartphone."

http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2013/03/blackberry-link-import-outlook/#more-6968)

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

I'm past the need for this,  as I've worked through most of  my setup issues over the past couple of weeks.  But a question that might help others:

When transferring,  do the entries become local entries on the device?  And if so, will there be a method to add to other accounts.  ie link a local contact to an activesync account, right now only possible it the contact exists, no way to create.

highlandit wrote:

Hmm...so this will only work with Outlook 2007, 2010 and 2013?  What about Outlook 2003?

That appears to be the versions required.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates

sandrot wrote:

When transferring,  do the entries become local entries on the device? 

It's my understanding the imported contacts become local contacts.

sandrot wrote:

And if so, will there be a method to add to other accounts.  ie link a local contact to an activesync account, right now only possible it the contact exists, no way to create.

You can always add active sync email accounts, but I don't understand your question "no way to create".

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Carrier: Rogers

I want to turn a local contact into a contact that is synced with a wireless account (ie office365) so any changes that I make are available elsewhere.

The way contact linking works is another issue that I will likely post about.

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: vodafone

Note: An upcoming release of BlackBerry Link will support full two-way synchronization.

please to way sync  now

bshark wrote:

please to way sync  now

Well, I wish that too, but it's not. Sorry.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

May be great once I get by the the installer malfunction by BB -- yep, could not do a simple sw update without hitting the error message 1723 - really BB. any solution?

Regular Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell Canada

highlandit wrote:

If BlackBerry knows how to do something really well, it's dropping the ball.

I was holding out for this.  I need a new battery for my 9800.  It's either that or a Z10.  Looks like the battery wins.