Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: M cel / Vodacom / Movitel

Re: Using Link to import Calendar & Contacts to Z10

Thank you for posting the link to import contacts and calender to Z10 from Outlook. I will use this but keep on using my previous BB as my mails and messages still cannot be transferred. Does anybody know when the two way sync will be available and also the transfer of the rest of the items, such as photos, etc?

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Torch
My Carrier: O2

I am surprised at the omission of Outlook 2003, as iPhones will happily sync with this older version.  It seems as though BlackBerry is missing out on a great opportunity to satisfy its market by failing to ask its customers what they want/need.   If the company had contact the forum users who were flagging up the Outlook issue (not exactly hard to do given we had to register an email address), it could have discovered what versions it need to cover.  But no, this was not done and in the process BlackBerry has managed to disappoint and potentially lose existing users at a time when the smartphone market is highly competitive and doubts are being expressed about RIM's very survival. 

Very peculiar behaviour...

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Hi,

I followed the process as outlined to import my contacts and calendar information to my Z10, the only thing that was transferred from the 9800 was the contacts so most of them were already there.

On completing the import what I found was that I ended up with duplicate contacts, not for every contact in Outlook but well over 80%, I also found that in my contacts it had created entries for every email recipient that I had sent an email to, even though some of these email addresses were under the persons contact details.

I have also created new calendar and contact entries in Outlook 2013 and these have not been sync'd to the Z10.

Anyone will any ideas or help ?

Cheers

Solutions: 6,329
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Quirimbas wrote:

Does anybody know when the two way sync will be available and also the transfer of the rest of the items, such as photos, etc?

As stated above, no one knows when, "in a few months" is what RIM personnel have stated.

Photos, etc., will transfer with Link, now and in the past month. That's not an issue. If you don't want to use Link, you can do so manually, if you want help with that, please say so and I'll help you through it.

Quirimbas wrote:

as my mails and messages still cannot be transferred.

Yes, mail and messages (SMS?) are transferrable. According to your email setup, ONLY the past 30 days of mail will be transferred. If you need other old messages, you need to make sure you've saved those on a email server instead.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

I have Outlook 2010 running and have started it connected to Exhange and also offline and still BB Link tells me that it cannot detect an Outlook profile that has contacts and appointments.

Also, will it bring it categories and/or multiple contact folders like the previous BB Desktop?

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Torch
My Carrier: O2

So...I just had a client who uses Outlook 2003 and we tried the new BlackBerry Link for the hell of it.  And...it worked!

Seems that you CAN export your Outlook 2003 calendar and contacts to a Z10 via the USB after all.

Sheesh!

Regular Contributor
My Device: Q10 & PB 64GB
My Carrier: Telus

Mr. J Sanders,

I need a working solution before I abandon my current (working) BB phone.  To help with making the decision to drink the zed coolaid can you please answer the following questions.

1.  One-way-transfer from Outlook.  It's unclear in the documentation what will happen if you repeat the one-way-transfer.  Will new/edited items be added to the phone, or will the entire dataset be replicated?  What will happen to new/edited items on the phone?

2.  Multiple calendars & contact lists.  If I jump into the cloud-sync water for personnal calendar and contacts how does that appear on the zed?  Do the one-way-transfered Outlook and cloud sync'd datasets appear together or in separate contact lists and caldendars?  What happens if I repeat the one-way-transfer to update my work Outlook calendar onto the phone?

Thank you in advance for your insight.

Dwayne

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10

I did the import of contacts and calendar from my Outlook yesterday morning which was good. How ever I have added several appointments to my calendar and a few new contacts on my desktop computer throughout the day.

Now  I thought I would import the new contacts and calendar events to my phone using link. When I did this the end result is that I now have duplicated all of my contacts well as all my calendar events that were already imported yesterday.......I would have thought that this import would have only updated the new contacts and calendar events to my phone??   So....now here I am deleting the 170 duplicate contacts....and 35 duplicate calendar events...which is very frustrating.

So I guess the answer here is wait until the complete two way sync  features are available in Link......gotta hate 1 step forward...and 2 steps back.

[ Edited ]

dwaynea wrote:

Mr. J Sanders,

I need a working solution before I abandon my current (working) BB phone.  To help with making the decision to drink the zed coolaid can you please answer the following questions.

1.  One-way-transfer from Outlook.  It's unclear in the documentation what will happen if you repeat the one-way-transfer.  Will new/edited items be added to the phone, or will the entire dataset be replicated?  What will happen to new/edited items on the phone?

I don't actually know. I haven't tried it yet. I don't want to try it on MY device.  Let me ask someone who might have.

2.  Multiple calendars & contact lists.  If I jump into the cloud-sync water for personnal calendar and contacts how does that appear on the zed?  Do the one-way-transfered Outlook and cloud sync'd datasets appear together or in separate contact lists and caldendars?  What happens if I repeat the one-way-transfer to update my work Outlook calendar onto the phone?

They will appear as dupes in the "ALL" contacts tab. They will appear as singular contacts in the "cloud" connected contacts addressbook. But that's what the :Links" part of the address book does, is find same or duplicated contacts and links them together as one.  Gonna ask my friend the same question.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates

Dwyane, my friend who has done this, told me the following.

1. The One-Way synchronization will add any new contacts or calendar entries to your BlackBerry Z10.  If you do the synchronization again it will not update any existing records that have been modified.  (You get this pop-up when you do the import again).  I did the same import 3 times in a row and it doesn't duplicate the contacts, however no changes came over.  A new contact or calendar appointment will come over.

2. Your answer is correct, if you do the import contact sync and have wireless contact synchronization enabled, it will synchronize to those cloud accounts.

Does this help clarify?

Knowledge Base Updates