Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: VIVA Bahrain

Re: Using Link to import Calendar & Contacts to Z10

I Think we found this method out the hard way, after a long struggle and hard time we manage to tranfer or import our contact and calender enteries from Outlook to the Z10 but now that its done, we nee to keep updating our outlook with new added contacts our the other way around and not Import and Export our data everythime we need to update it on either the device or the Z10!!!

in the older version up to 7.1. this process takes place seemlessly without Import or Export!!

Hope to get a reply from RIM...

AA

Solutions: 6,380
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

apfromm wrote:

We simply need the Z10 to work with Blackberry Desktop manager.

Simple.

Not quite so simple or BlackBerry would have left it.

And you won't be seeing the traditional Desktop Manager working with the Z10... two different operating systems between the legacy BBOS devices and the current BB10 devices.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: BT

We keep getting promised Jam tomorrow, why did they release the phone, for business use, when it was useless for businesses who use Outlook????

I have a busines which uses Outlook. The phone is not useless.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

That is not what i said, what i want is the same functionality that i had with my Torch, not a backward step into the dark ages

Skygod1 wrote:

That is not what i said, what i want is the same functionality that i had with my Torch, not a backward step into the dark ages

Same as me... I also wanted that same functionality of the decade-old wired USB sync.

I wanted two years ago on my PlayBook, and 100 days ago on my Z10, but alas it is not available yet.

So I moved on to something newer and I sync those contacts and calendar items now through an online service and while at the outset I did so only begrudgingly, I am quite glad I did so now. It works well. And I am no longer tethered to my desk same as I was ten years ago.

Anyway, it's coming.

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

what on line service do you use, is it available in UK?

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Fido

When I use this, all my contacts are scrambled. One person has another person's email etc...

Is there a fix for this?

The lack of functionality is so frustrating.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

bnmismo wrote:

When I use this, all my contacts are scrambled. One person has another person's email etc...

Is there a fix for this?

The lack of functionality is so frustrating.

Duplicate:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-10-OS-Device-Software/Blackberry-10-functionality/...

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: ATT

[ Edited ]

Hi and sorry to hear this. Agree with all sentiments about USB sync functionality

I've tried multiple sync mechanisms aside from cloud, which I don't find secure, have not found one yet that "works".

Not aware of any mechanism to "repair" these corrupted entries, which I've experienced as well.

However, there is a product available on BB World called "PIM Backup and Restore". It will wipe your contacts and calendar as needed fairly quickdly and effectively should you wish to start over.

The mechanism in BB10 OS for deleting entries is inredibly slow. I'm not sure how this app works, but it was much, much faster. At least, that's my experience. I'm glad it's around. I have no affiliation with the company, and you can check my multiple posts complaining abou the lack of this intrinsic USB functionality as have others.