Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Using Link to import Calendar & Contacts to Z10

[ Edited ]

Can someone please tell me how to get Blackberry Link syncronization working between the Z10 and my Oulook 2010 client (which is what I thought this thread was started for)?

I have spent countless hours searching these forums as well as the CrackBerry forums and no suggested solutions are working. I am not interested in using a cloud-based Outlook.com solution, so please don't suggest this as an alternative. I didn't have to do this with my 9930 Bold and I'm not about to trust any cloud based solution with my data.

My system is running Windows 8.1 32-bit and the BBZ10 STL100-4 OS version is 10.1.0.2039. I have removed and reinstalled Blackberry Link three times now and I've actually seen it work twice in the two weeks I've owned this device. By the way, the executable I installed is 122_b010_multilanguage.exe which I believe is the latest version of Link.

I can not get sync to work 2 times in a row. Once it sync's after my system reboot, subsequent sync attemps lock up with no progress bar movement. 

I can shut down the Link program even while it is stuck in the "do not disconnect your device" mode (as it sits in this mode for over an hour without any progress bar movement). The progress bar doesn't even begin to do anything.

This software is totally broken and I must be able to sync via USB to Outlook client directly.

Please, please help.

Thank you

New Contributor

Adventurer,

I deleted all my contacts from my phone and resynced to Outlook.  It has worked a couple of times for me since I did that.  Unfortunately, it is not updating images from facebook or Linkin.

I also do not like the idea of sending my contacts to outlook.com. I tried it before and it was a hassle.  If this hadn't worked I would have given it another try.

I agree that this is completely ridiculous that BB cannot sync with outlook without these issues that seem to keep popping up.  I am truly hopeful that BB OS 10.2 will have a solution built in.  I have not applied the leaked version as it is suppose to be released by Verizon tomorrow January 28th.

I'll update any issues I have had with my updating.

Contributor

Well, I now have the (Verizon approved) 10.2... on my phone as of last night via the Link software update process. The syncs seem to be working now at least for my last two tries. I'll let you know if I have any further issues.
Highlighted
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Today I installed another update that the auto update in Link found (10.2.1.537). The update went in rather quickly. The strange thing is that the update showed the same version as what was already running on the device. I suspect it was a patch to the OS I already had.

I would think that the developers would have at least changed the number of the update so we didn't see conflicting information. Why would you have to update to a version that is the same that was already running on the device?

I then did another sync for my calendar and contacts and that ran extremelty well. I think they have this issue fixed now and it was a very much needed fix! Thank you RIM.

Now lets get the Outlook Notes Synched with the Reminders and life will be good again.

Contributor

Well perhaps I spoke too soon here. While the sync process is working somewhat, I am seeing it freeze on occasion and have to shut down and restart ink to get it to work again. Also I'm finding that some updates are not being synched and others are. Changeds to contacts on Outlook are not reflected on the Z10 and some changes on the Z10 are not reflected on Outlook and this is true for Calendar changes as well as contacts. I don't understand how the sync process is ignoring some contacts on my Outlook and not adding them to the Z10. Also new appointments I make on the Z10 don't transfer to outlook./ But again, sometimes the changes do transfer. Weird.

New Contributor
My Device: Q10-RFN81UW
My Carrier: Rogers

I have been fighting with my new Q10 since i got it ~48 hours ago, there is nothing like what you describe in the latest bberry link for my Q10. I had hoped that the bugs would have been sorted out by now which is why I waited so long to upgrade to the Q10, I am astounded by the lack of funcionality in Blackbery Link especially with the lack of restore options.... this is a total software regression from bbery desktop manager and I've worked with every version since day one for having my original mobitex bberry.... I think i will be returning my Q10 to Rogers tomorrow

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

Bay_Boy wrote:

I am astounded by the lack of funcionality in Blackbery Link especially with the lack of restore options....

What is that you want to do?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

I want/need to move-migrate "everything" from my old Javelin 8900 over to the Q10, I moved back to my 8900 a year ago for a solid hardware platform btw. I want to see all of my email history on the Q10 the same as I have done multiple times moving from one bberry to another for myself and many others, I want a seamless sync with outlook (2007 btw) with my choice of which platform wins; I have backed up and restored several times, sync'd including bluetooth address book transfer and tried every "old" trick in my book to no avail over the past 48+ hours.

Blackberry Link is the weak link in the new OS10, I have wiped the Q10 and will maybe wait until the software isues are corrected to do my upgrade; in the meantime I will take the solid platform of a pre OS10 bberry for my connectivity, I need a business tool not apps for fun which are a bonus not a requirement.

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

So, you are not at all able to import your legacy BBOS contacts from the 8900 backup? None at all?

Can you tell me where you get an error or roadblock in doing this?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Some contacts will restore but not all; when I've sync'd I've had contacts missing as well including my own on the last try.

None of my emails will restore, this is the killer; I've always been able to change devices and keep my email history which is a very important feature.