Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

Solutions: 6,348
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Using Link to import Calendar & Contacts to Z10

Tickets with BlackBerry Technical Support?

Why do you let them close them? Do they just keep saying, "sorry, can't help you", or what? details would help as to why they are closing the tickets with no resolution.
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Z10

I've replied to their email notifications that they were closing the tickets and their responses are always an automated response requesting that an incident number be placed in the subject text, even though it was already in the subject text. The only way to open another ticket (which I've done) was to go through my service provider. Tech support works with me (for hours) to produce the log files from both a Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 system and the Z10 (yes, I'm trying everything here to help them resolve this), I upload them to their server so that their tier 3 gurus can look at the problem, but there is never a real fix provided. They've given me a work-around to sync only the calendar or the contacts by selecting only one of those options prior to the sync, and that does not consistently work. Lately any time I sync contacts, I get a response that all my contacts are in conflict (due to some weird hash mark that exists in the device contacts, but not in the Outlook contacts) and if I choose to sync using computer data, the process doesn't work and all I get is "Failed to commit changes to device". I have had other issues as well and quite frankly, I'm getting tired of working this Link software sync issue. Every now and then when I feel I can take the time to try and fix this issue, I check into this forum looking for a new version of Link or some update to the Z10 OS that addresses this issue.

The bottom line in all this is that they are aware that they have problems with Link and their fixing of these issues has yet to be accomplished.  When that happens is anyone's guess. Unfortunately I also don't have the time to go buy another product (like an Android device) even though all my techie friends are telling me to do so. Maybe it's time to take the time at least to investigate if the Android devices are any better at syncing Outlook client contacts and calendar and notes.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: $%@#$%@Rogers

[ Edited ]

I set my Q10's password to the picture/number system. It was simple to use and worked well. Hooked up my Q10 to BB Link. It asked for a text password (which I never put in the phone). I had to input 10 bad passwords and reset the phone. Ok, so I am an i.diot. I don't blame BlackBerry.I should have put in a text password too.

After 2 or 3 hrs while the phone resets, I hook my phone up to BB Link and restore from back up. (Yes, I actually DO make backups!). Everything came back but my contacts and calendars. I crawled all over the web and found that you have to delete every account and then re-import. I did that. It did not sync my Outlook (Office 365) personal contacts and personal calendar.

The issue for me is that this mission-critical failure has been out there for a long time. There is no excuse for BlackBerry to go dark on something this important. Mr. Chen, we're expecting at least a: "Sorry, folks, we have a problem and we're working on it." statement. We are back to the feeling of not being listened to. Has the development team has been axed to the point where this ticket has no one covering it?

Not knowing is worse than knowing. Oh, and, may I please have the 3-4 hrs of my life back?

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: TELUS

Hi,

Is there a plan to add 2 way sync conflict resolution for calendar entries as well?

Currently it was only added in the new version of Link for Contacts: "Notify me when there are conflicts".

Calendar still has Always use computer or always use device options but no conflict resolution.

Is there an ETA for this?

Also, are there any plans to improve sync speed?

Takes about 30 min to sync usually compared to less than 5 min with BB OS 7

Thanks

New Contributor
My Device: z 10
My Carrier: orange

Hi,

I have had a Z 10 for a few months now . Everything worked normally but since a couple of weeks I cannot sync Contacts & calendar any more because when I click on the "Contacts & calendar" tag in BB Link and the page displays, they are not active and radio buttons do not work . I have read your message "Using Link to import calendar & contacts to Z 10" but in the version I have ( latest version ) I do not have the gear symbol at the top of the BB screen... Instead, I have "contacts & calendar" on the left handside of the BB screen page ( but they are not active / do not work ) . I uninstalled BB Link and re-installed it, restarted my PC etc.  Nothing seems to work .  Everything else is normal, I use Microsoft Outlook, BB ID is OK... Z 10 works fine...except that without the sync of calendar I forget or miss my appointments...

Any suggestions ?  Thanks

Contributor
My Device: Z10 STL100-2, OS 10.2.1.1925
My Carrier: Orange FRANCE

This is the end my freinds

My Z10 was stollen last week. result i came into Orange France shop to buy a new Z10 or Z30.

The answer was: "We stopped receiving devices from Blackberry. BB is not selling devices in France for the moment."

So i bought a non BB terminal

Maybe the posts above are, de facto, a reason for a good firm to break down.

Still connected to the forum, hope to see BB back with new energy.

David

Solutions: 6,348
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

David, guess what? Orange lied to you. BlackBerry is selling devices in France. I wouldn't have fallen for their old trick to get me on some piece of junk.
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Z10 STL100-2, OS 10.2.1.1925
My Carrier: Orange FRANCE

JSANDERS, hi.

I'd really want to know who told you that Orange France does reception BB devices.

When i read you i was real **bleep** off.

If it is the case, you can tell your contacts with BB that i am whiling to make an attestation if they want to pursuit them.

So i made several new checkings with particular and pro services.

The official answer is that they are not going to receive new terminals. 

They have in stock Z10 and Q5 terminals remaining but out of Z30.

Apparently, BB seems to wait for the release of new models. 

by the way, as you said once, "keep positive and constructive". Your remark for "piece of junk" is out of place. the terminal i now have is excellent. missing lots of things i had with my Z10, but:

1) It synchronises my outlook tasks !!

2) It doesn't create duplicates when synchronizing contacts/adding address according to my location.

3) I don't have problems when i synchronize my outlook calendar when changing time zone...

BB still need to answer lots of problems.

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: TELUS

Any plans to fix the sync problems with Link? I'm still using my old 9900 because I can't sync my contacts and calendars to my Z10 with Link, which means now it is just an over-priced media player. Smiley Happy There are numerous other threads on these issues and was wondering if there were any plans to address it. Seems odd that new version would break the ability to synchronize. BB7: Sync takes 1-5 minutes and succeeds most of the time (may require clean uninstall and reinstall a few times a year) BB10: Sync takes 30-60 minutes and almost always fails (no resolution or plans for fix)
New Contributor
My Device: z 10
My Carrier: orange

Hi,

I've had similar problems than those of most people on this forum with a Z 10 to sync Microsoft Outlook 2007 Contacts & calendar earlier this year, but now everything works fine . I've updated Link to the latest version which is improved : try that .  It takes patience sometimes to get it to work, but it's an irreplaceable tool once up and running !...

Best of luck

Nick