Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Using Link to import Calendar & Contacts to Z10

How the hell a product marketed to business use is unable to sync contacts between Outlook and BB 10 (on a Z10). This a the decay of BlackBerry.

Got an update to BB Link today which says it will allow 2-way sync for contacts and calendar (hurrrraaaay !). An update awaited for 1 year.

BUT IT DOES NOT WORK !!! Tried to modify a contact on my phone and checked wheter it updates the data in Adress Book in Outlook.

This is a disgrace, shame on you BlackBerry, don't wonder if you dissapear from the market in one year TOPS.

Has anyone figured out what the hell is wrong with this syncing ?

Contributor
My Device: DTEK-50
My Carrier: Three UK

Contacts now have 'links' to accounts on your phone. You should have an account for Outlook, which will be called 'BlackBerry Link' if you are using desktop sync.
When you create a new contact on the phone, check in the right-hand side bar for links, and add a link to the 'BlackBerry Link' account if it doesn't have one. If not linked to an external account, then it will just be a local contact on the ohone.
BlackBerry have done this because people often have the same contact defined in multiple places, and this gets around the duplication which that causes.

Cheers,

Sean
Contributor

Similarly with calendars, the phone has a 'local' calendar and zero or more external calendars provided by various accounts. One of these accounts is the 'BlackBerry Link' account, which is likely to be named after the name of the desktop computer you sync with.
For any calendar entries which you want to sync back to your desktop computer - make sure you create these in the calendar which is associated with your BlackBerry Link account.
Solutions: 6,421
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

andrei27 wrote:

BUT IT DOES NOT WORK !!! Tried to modify a contact on my phone and checked wheter it updates the data in Adress Book in Outlook.

After you modified the contact ON your phone, what did you do... details?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Carrier: Rogers

This is extremely frustrating. This is the error message I get when trying to perform a sync. I'm using a Z10 on Rogers and running BBOS 1.01 and the latest version of Link. There should be no problem trying to perform a sync. Please, can anyone help? I'm trying to back up calendar and contacts to Outlook so they can be viewed in case of loss or damage.

http://i.imgur.com/80Tltib.png

Contributor

This message is telling you that the software version on the phone is an older version, which does not yet support the new 2-way sync.

My phone is on version 10.1.0.4181.  (on Vodafone UK)

You can check which version of software your phone is running by opening the 'Settings' app, and selecting the 'Software Updates' item. Open this, and it'll tell you which version your phone is currently running, and down the bottom is a big grey button 'Check for Updates'.

- You'll need to have the phone connected to a wireless network before it'll download a firmware update though. By default it won't use the mobile network, both to ensure a quick download and also so as to not kill your data allowance.

The official Blackberry software update 'howto' is here: http://uk.blackberry.com/software/smartphones/update/blackberry10-os.html

I would point out that the advertised functionality in the desktop Blackberry Link for updating the phone firmware is broken (at least on the Mac version - I can't comment on the Windows version) so I would recommend running the update on the phone itself.

Contributor

...also be sure to download and install the latest version of the desktop Blackberry Link as well. Update both the desktop and phone before you try a sync, because both the desktop software and the phone software have had major updates in recent months.

Contributor
My Device: Q10/9800/8700
My Carrier: Fido

I read your procedure with interest.  I recently had to reformat and reinstall my os and software on my laptop. So i have a clean install of Link.  The contact/calendar sync showed up fine.  What I found is that there are only a few contacts in my BB-Link profile.  My sync options are set to download from my phone to computer only (unitl I get the sync working properly) and to  notify me of deletions based on the sync.  I am using a Q10, with OS 10.1.0.4181, BB Link version 1.1.1.41, and Outlook 2013 on Window 7 SP1.

How can I get all of my contacts linked to the BB-Link profile?

Thank you in advance for you help.

Mike

New Contributor
My Carrier: Orange

Realy frustrated here !!!! Sync with Outlook 2010 not longer working (for a month now).

This is the result of a capable OS such as BB 10 in the hands of a highly incompetent company. I swear if this doesn't get solved in one month I am selling my Z10 and bye-bye BB and welcome Apple/Samsung. It is shamefull !!!

Again: Running BB Link version 1.2 on a Z10 STL-10 version 10.1.0.4181 on a Win 8, 64 bits laptop and SYNCING NOT WORKING.

I hit the sync option in BB Link and I get an error message in the down and left corner of BB Link with a yellow triangle and an exclamation mark sayng: "Syncing was unsuccesfull". with an explanation that "CRADDatabse Error [a certain path] is not open."

Stupid, stupid, stupid...

Regular Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone

I had a similar issue (W7) and it transpired that my AV software (specifically, the firewall) was 'blocking' the computer's ability to see the device. Try temporarily disabling your AV s/w and then try the sync...