Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: MTN

WIFI on my BB Z10 not connecting

I am trying to connext to WIFI, but every time it attempts 3 steps and saying "authentication time out" please check you passowrd and try again. I am 100% sure the password is correct. My old BB 9860 and my laptop connects to the same wifi and works correctly. My Z10 giving headeaches

Pls help

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: WIFI on my BB Z10 not connecting

Hey hfvdw12,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

Have you tried connecting to a different Wi-Fi network?  Or any free Wi-Fi hotspots?  Also have you tried power cycling the wireless router and then connecting.

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Carrier: MTN

The hotel where i have work have various WI FI connections and have trid them all, even rebooting the routers etc like you have suggested. Strangley, when i do a clean memory swipe, and restart the phone it connects to the wifi connections, But later or when the phone restarts again there is no way to connect again, unless you do a memory wipe again.

The other problem i am facing that is not constant witht he mobile network also, keep going of the blackberry network and runs on a normal gsm network, no edge or higher.

Hope to hear from you soon

Hendri

New Contributor
My Carrier: MTN South Africa

Hey guys, i'm having the exact same problem
New Contributor
My Carrier: Bell

We are also experiencing problem connecting to our Corporate WiFi network. No problem with WEP but WPA Enterprise doesn't work. We are getting the "connection attempt timed out"

My Device: z10
My Carrier: maxis

Hello .....

Im having the same problem. I cant connect to wifi at all....

My laptop, my tablet, my bro and dad' gadget all can be connected...

New Contributor
My Carrier: Bell

[ Edited ]

*** Update *** We have been working closely with BlackBerry & Aruba regarding the WiFi connection problem and last week  we were able to try the Q10 on our infrastructure and it worked fine on the first attemp. It was confirmed that the Z10 use a different network chipset. At this point we are not sure what is next. We also found a way to make the Z10 work but it require a major configuration change.

My Device: Blackberry 9860
My Carrier: Blackberry

hye,

i'm not a bb z10 user, i'm currently using bb 9860, but i also have the same problem Smiley Sad 

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

After you do the wipe are you installing any third party software?

If you are restoring the phone, is it being restored with a third party software in the process?

A third party software would be one that is written by an independent author. Sometimes software can have a bug in it that can cause some other type of problem.

Also, if everything is original, and after the restore the phone does not work it is obvious there is something in the restored files that is the cause.

I had a similar problem with a Z10. The fault was something corrupted in the resore of the setup data or web shortucts. I then restored only my contacts, and text notes. I managed to fix the fault this way.

When connecting to a WiFi network, I found with some devices the password is case sensitive. I have also had devices that would work only with HEX values in the password.  Valid HEX values are 0 ~ 9 and A ~ F.  This is what I use in all our systems when constructing passwords. When using regular letters beyond F in the password, I had some devices that would not respond. As for the user name any character can be used.

We have a number of Z10's and other Blackberry phones working very well with our WiFi at a number of locations. They also work with Hot Spot from other mobile phone devices without any problems.

Jerry G.
New Contributor
My Carrier: SAFARICOM

Please confirm if this problem is now fixed as i am having the same problem and no solution yet even after trials from suggestions made on this forum.