Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Will BB10 + BB Link natively sync to Outlook?

I didn't know that pin messaging was gone. My god these development people forgot the people who have stayed with them, and are trying to hard for the Android and ios people.
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 8830
My Carrier: Sprint

Glad to hear this feature will return to BB Link sooner rather than later, sounds like they are starting to listen.

However I did get a reply on one of these posts from a Z10 user that the device's contact app no longer includes a Category field, so that would still be a big problem for me syncing with Outlook.

When the method I used to sync Outlook Categories to Gmail groups was posted above it was assumed the device contact app supports contact groups, but from reading the online instructions for Contacts http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/47561/mwa1334161823168.jsp; under "Search", "Filter" and "Sort" it does not mention anything about Groups. (BBM has a section on Groups, but in reference to something you join.)

Not that it matters to me now, but doesn't the Z10 have the ability to filter contacts beyond name and company like its predecessor?

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

JLFitzpatrick wrote:

Not that it matters to me now, but doesn't the Z10 have the ability to filter contacts beyond name and company like its predecessor?

it is quite limited in the Z10 Contacts app.

In addition to first name/last name, and company, there is also the experience field (for linkedin contacts), and you can filter by contacts type (email, facebook, twitter and so on) using the left menu.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: german

you did good - now, with test-uploading all your private data to whoever (google, outlook.com, yahoo...), they kind of got what they wanted...

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900 and Playbook
My Carrier: Bell

Am I reading this right?

It can't be true...

Blackberry Link does not support contact sync between my Q10 and Outlook???

Why on Earth would they do something like this? My Bold worked just fine with the old desktop software.

Who in their right mind would put out any smartphone and associated desktop software without this most basic of functions?

Tell me I read this wrong...

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9500
My Carrier: Vodafone

You read it correctly. That's exactly what they did and why many people, me included, took my Z10 back and demanded a refund.  I subsequently switched to the Samsung and have been perfectly happy ever since.