Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Priv on AT&T
My Carrier: AT&T

Windows 8.1 error 1316 with Link 123_b022

Running Windows 8.1 now with Kaspersky AV & Firewall.  Previously with ESET NOD32 aV.

I had installed vers 122_b010 Link with ESET NOD32 and it was working fine.  I thought I would put on the latest 123_b022 and everything fell apart.

It tries to install Visual C++ SP1 W8 which is acaually already installed. But going on the install proceeds until I was getting Blue Screen with NDIS_SYS  IRQL_Not <=  

So I uniinstalled, deleted all folders and files etc.  Clean registry with PC Tools.  Restarted.

Now (with AV off) I get Error 1316 with both the new and older Link versions.

2014-03-20_10-53-26.jpg

What is going on? 

Additional info.  I reinstalled the Intel Ethernet drivers as that can cause the NDIS_Sys problem.  No change.

I am running ASUS Sabertooth Z87 MOBO with Intel i7-K4770 CPU and Samsung SSD with

jgrobertson
Priv on AT&T
Formerly, Playbook, Z10 and Passport
Forums Veteran I
My Device: BB

Re: Windows 8.1 error 1316 with Link 123_b022

Check here:   http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/CompatCenter/ProductViewerWithDefaultFilters?Te...

You do not say which version of Kaspersky you have and if it is not compatible you must uninstall it as disabling will not do.  ESET NOD32 is compatible so you can use that or Windows Defender which is just as good as the others but you need to turn it on and Update.

BlackBerry error 1316 is caused by leftover files from previous versions, I read you said you removed everything, Use the Search utility, find and delete all     blackberry     files found.

So most likely AV or BB files causing your issue, could also now be Registry Cleaner, you may know what you are doing but I can tell you registry cleaners actually cause more problems than they fix.