Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: o2
Accepted Solution

Workaround BB Link

After months of working my way through the innumerable suggestions in these forums and elsewhere, I've given up on BB Link. It just won't sync my Outlook Contacts with my Q10 and I've now spend quite long enough trying. Right now, I'm using BB Desktop to back up my Contacts to my old Torch which I'm using effectively as a standalone address book. (For security reasons, I cannot sync my Contacts OTA with my Q10.) But this is a cumbersome arrangement. Is there any way I can simply copy over my .pst Outlook contacts file (I mean the backup .pst file on my laptop of all my Outlook Contacts) to my Q10 and then import those Contacts into my Q10?   

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Workaround BB Link

Hello!!

But what is the issue that you have when your are trying to sync. Do you have a failed to commit chages error message ?? or another error message. Might be that there is a solution, looking the corrupted entries on the log files.

And Answering your question, no there is no way to do that, or at least not a solution that i am aware off.

Waiting for your answer !! break a leg !!

Regular Contributor

Essentially what happens is that, at the end of an apparently successful sync, I get the message "Preparing sync preview" and then my machime freezes. And if I get any message at all, then, yes, I get "Sync was unsuccessful. Failed to commit changes to device". If you know how to solve this, great. But I should say that lots of people in these and other forums have -- over many months -- suggested possible remedies and none of them have worked. But if you have a magic solution, wonderful. 

Contributor

I have tried two workarounds that i Know that it work!! One of them that is the most time consuming is the following: http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do;jsessionid=0CFBE4A2561994FC92DAFDD0374FBAFC?...

Depending on the amount of contacts it can take lots of time to get in to the solution!!

ANd the other one is wiping the Phone and making a 1 way sync from the computer to device and after that there is no going to be a problem anymore!!

Regular Contributor

Tx very much BBcrack, will try it. One question about the time-consuming option before I take it. Will it create duplicate entries on my Q10? I've already got a lot of Outlook contacts on the Q10: my greatest need is to be able to sync regularly because, of course, a number of these contact details change -- sometimes quite rapidly. I would like to avoid having multiple entries for the same contact?   

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Priv
My Carrier: Rogers

Its not a perfect solution but it you start getting duplicates in Outlook after each sync as I did then I run a free utility called ODIR which strips out the Outlook duplicates and returns it to normal

Contributor

No its not going to create duplicates!! ANd at the moment that is going to make any change in the computer ir in your device bb link is going to tell you first!!