Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z30 BES 10
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Z10 Outlook sync [lack thereof]

Thanks for sharing that.  It is not the first time Companionlink has saved the day in regard to sync.  Just to pass along... I wrote them yesterday to ask if they could deliver the SMIME sync for Outlook contacts.  They said no.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

Are you able to sync email as well WITHOUT involving cloud, exchange  or internet?

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

The emails won't sync. The incoming email will go to both, Outlook and BB.

When I send an email from my BB, I CC myself. In the Outlook I created a rule to move emails from myself to sent folder, so I have all incoming and outgoing emails in my Outlook.

I was doing this forever even before I switched to Z10.

My email is within my own domain hosted by a hosting company, not cloud based.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Thank you. This is helpful to my own decision as to whether i go to blackberry, iphone or android from my Torch 9800 which is ready to be replaced.

I do the same thing as you and my email is within my own domain hosted by hosting company. No cloud or exchange involved. I use  BIS, not BES.

In addition to what you say, i did think my email was essentially syncing as:

1. i consider the PC my long term email storage (backed up of course).

2. when i delte from my torch it asks if I want to delete from handset only or pc and handset. I do the latter for junk mail and i assumed it does delete from PC on sync.

3. I use desktop manager for the torch. From what you're saying it sounds like ocmpanionlink does the same job as desktop manager did previously.

The one thing that is still making me want to look at other options which drove me nuts with the 9800 was the inability to have email subfolders that mirror outlook email rules for subfoldes. I had subscriptions to professional listservs, other places and 50 emails a day, but my bberry did not sort them with subfolders like my outlook did. I might leave bberry for that. reason.

If you are having email come in the manner you describe, i'm assuming you still can't sort into subfolders iwht rules akin to outlook.

Contributor
My Carrier: Telus

Finally some good news! It looks like Blackberry has been listening to us and many others. According to @CrackBerry,'Outlook contact and calendar information via USB sync coming to BlackBerry Link'. Read the full article at http://crackberry.com/outlook-usb-sync-coming-blackberry-link?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter. 

Now if we can just get them to restore PIN messaging.......

Trusted Contributor

I don't understand the comments that having your own domain and hosting company is not using the "cloud"..??.. If you don't run the server, it's in the "cloud" so to speak.

I also have my own domain and use a hosting company - but since I do not see the server sitting next to me (it is the hosting company's server) I consider my info "in the cloud" and I act accordingly. 

Contributor

Yes, I agree, but this is not a public place like Hotmail or Google, and the hosting company is committed to provide everything you need for security. And there is always someone you can talk over the phone and resolve any issues, as this is a paid service. 

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000

I use my Blackberry for business and have been for years.. I bought my Z10 yesterday. Discovered that it would not sync with Outlook without kludge and returned it today. I am both pissed and disappointed as I have have been waiting a year to upgrade.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Carrier: Etisalat

I totally agree.....!!!!

I am completly disappointed with Z10.... RIM's engineers got so busy with the media / camera / ...and  they forgot about the target of BB as a device in the first place. They defeated the purpose of BB, which is designed for business which means contacts, calendar and appointments that you can't sync anymore.

What a FIASCO????!!!!

Get it fixed as soon as you can before you lose business and you go banckrupt...

Needless to mention about the lack of Whatsapp, Skype and other important applications....

What a waste!!

In summary, fix it or lose it......BB

Trusted Contributor

I have been waiting as well so am upset.  But thankfully they are going to fix it - which is more than Microsoft did - they never did deliver on it.

Fix it or lose it is an appropriate statement - I also do not like no BIS which gave Yahoo and Google push.  My father works as an appraiser and uses SBCGlobal for email (or Yahoo) through his BB and he needs push to compete (he who can jump on the bid gets the bid) so he needs push.  He won't have it if he upgrades.

BB's are known for email and in my opinion email took the biggest hit in the new OS.  I am hoping within a year they will get back on track.

So I continue to wait...