Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Z10 Outlook sync [lack thereof]

I agree, I love my Z10 but need direct sync badly. I hope BlackBerry is listening and rushing this fix.

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: vodafone

i found a solution that is using CompanionLink 5 for Outlook.

Contributor
My Carrier: Rogers

I have tried companionLink already. It does work, but you have to install DejaOffice which won't sync your data with BlackBerry contacts and calendar. It is like stand alone app.

As per DejaOffice tech support, they are working on a solution but nothing officially out yet.

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

thank's for info. hope they release a version of Link to solve problem. i read many user with the same problem.

edit very dissapoint with rim Smiley Sad

New Contributor

bb link mac version sync address book with Z10 ?

New Contributor
My Carrier: Etisalat

This is a major mistake committed by BlackBerry's engineers. It cannot be forgiven. What a shame and fiasco!!!! BlackBerry is business, appointments, contacts, calendar.... where are they? 

Contributor
My Carrier: Telus

Guys gals i see this thread and remeber feb 4th so well.. rest assured BB has adressed the issue and somewhere you will find statement that it will be within the next 2 updates and 1 update has since passed so im thinking outlook sync will be in the next BB link update. not positive but sounded that way with there statement from a a couple weeks ago

New Contributor
My Carrier: bell

@dwaynea: You could just use the same settings as iOS and enable active sync exchange on your z10 and it should work. Get your corporate exchange server info from your IT dept use that on your z10.
Regular Contributor
My Device: Q10 & PB 64GB
My Carrier: Telus

[ Edited ]

Mr. Spiritbear,

Thank you for your advice. I will investigate this opportunity with my IT department.  However, in the short term here is some more info regarding my predicament.

1. I am not a corporate exchange user now. I reject the requirement that IT puts to 'lock-down' my phone so no apps can be installed without their approval, and that all web-traffic must go through their 'approved' server.

2. As a result of #1, my solution is to only sync contacts and calendar with my corporate exchange account via USB.

3. Therefore, I continue to use my 9360 as it satisfies the above two criteria. I have not and will not upgrade to a BB10 device until the USB sync issue is resolved, or my 9360 fails and I transition to a competitive device.

Regards. D.

New Contributor
My Carrier: bell

I can understand your situation. But also keep in mind that organizations have to keep data security in mind when it comes to apps which access the corporate network. Organizations these days have to be liable to numerous regulatory and compliance laws so try not to take it personally. Malware on phones could result in a huge data or privacy breach so I can see rationale in why they try to avoid installing any unapproved app. However the z10 natively syncs with exchange it should just be a matter of getting your server info from IT. Just ask IT to enable your exchange account for Active Sync with the z10, iOS, etc support.

Here's some links which may help:

http://ekkeswords.wordpress.com/howto-sync-accounts/

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/47561/mwa1340198084680.jsp