Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

Contributor
My Device: Z10 and PlayBook
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Z10 Outlook sync [lack thereof]

Well done HiCap.  I hope the message is getting through.

Contributor
My Device: 9930

I checked out the Z10 today at Verizon. I absolutely love and want the phone but will not buy it until the usb full synchronization feature is available and reported to be reliably working. Blackberry please put the necessary resources behind the effort to get this done before Apple and Android release yet another phone to steel your thunder.
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Nashua

I would hardly call it a trivial feature that is missing.

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: AT&T

It is inconceivable to me that Blackberry, with its core of business related users and not teenyboppers wanting the latest and greatest magic phone, would fail to include a USB interface for Outlook from the very get-go. Hopefully Blackberry has gotten the message and will in the very near future take care of the two-way interface to satisfy its core business.

HiCap

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: att

RIM renamed blackberry is following the latest trend in the air. Sadly they have with the executive changes forgotten the core business and reason why a lot of users including business users bought Blackberry’s. When  they started to look at the latest device kids wanted for some reason they lost their brains and tried to please the 12 to 18 year olds.

It’s almost like comments on twitter and facebook was more important than their core business user comments. If they don’t correct the problems with the Z10 and any other new BB’s they will end up with the level of users they had in their first 6 months of their original start year.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z30 BES 10

They are correcting the problem and delivering the Outlook sync which means they realized their error. How much business did they lose from not delivering the Outlook sync at launch? I don't think much. if you take this thread as an example almost everybody, including me, are waiting... We did not purchase another device on a different platform.

If the Link Software can successfully sync with Outlook within the next couple of months I believe this misstep will not tarnish the new Blackberrys future.

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810

The problem is when you are initiating a new product, you wanted to get off the ground with the biggest bang possible. You do not want your loyal customers to say "this is okay, but I'm going to wait until it gets better". Blackberry is lucky that there is no present competitor that produces a product comparable to Blackberry for Blackberry's core business users at the present. But this is no way to build excitement for theZ. 10, viz.. that the loyal core will "have to wait" For the Z. 10 to perform sometime in the future as it should have performed at its inception.

HiCap

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z30 BES 10

They can't go back in time and fix this - all they can do is move forward from it.  

Contributor
My Device: 9930

Has anyone read or heard if the anticipated BB 10 Link update for USB sync to Outlook will include Mac?
Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: rogers

As far I I heard yes