Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

Contributor
My Device: Z10 and PlayBook
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Z10 Outlook sync [lack thereof]

I wish that was the case HiCap but we have the Q10 now in the UK and no sign of anything more than was shipped with our Z10s Outlook-wise.....   Smiley Sad

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: AT&T

Alas, hyscore, and you are ahead of us on the evolutionary chart.

HiCap

wwb
My Device: torch
My Carrier: telus

I'm posting here because I'm hoping someone from BB might be reading. I am a loyal BB user and had looked at upgrading to the z10. That was until I learned about the outlook 2 way sync issue. I work in the legal business so for security reasons, cloud computing is absolutely out of the question. My outlook sync is done directly with my desktop and that is the only option available.

Bottom line, I and many others I know WILL NOT move to the new phones without two way outlook sync. It is not even an option. It frustrates me that BB, given it's focus on security, fails to recognize this huge problem for many of it's business users or, if it has recognized it, is failing to provide any timelines or details as to it's efforts to overcome this basic problem.

Contributor

Welcome to the club, wwb.  The way I see it, all of us think that outlook 2-way sync is important but Blackberry see their future in some sexy development of BBM across platforms.  They are not interested in us and will not communicate with us, so my recommendation is to get an iPhone.  I'm beginning to wish I had.

Bill

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: 9930

Take a look at the HTC One before buying an iPhone. Superb phone and the Android OS is much more friendly to business users than iPhone. It's the closest thing to using the old BB OS regarding Ourlook sync, email, etc. of any phone on the market. I was a BB loyal from the early days but have been forced to look for an alternative. I been using an IPhone for the last couple of months and will be switching to the HTC One as soon as Verizon introduces it. iPhone is a good phone but is not as business friendly as Android. I'm moving on...if BB ever gets their act together I may switch back.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z30 BES 10
My Carrier: AT&T

[ Edited ]

I get it... If you are at time where waiting isn't an option then finding an alternative is smart. You can always check back later. Most contracts are 2 years and by the time one checks back all the kinks and issues of a new OS and its accompanying software should be well ironed out. Good luck with whatever you decide to run!

Contributor

Assuming BlackBerry survives that long. :-(
Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: ATT

[ Edited ]

Every few days I update my feedback/opinion. I am as angry/upset at BB as the rest of those in these threads not as much for not making 2way USB sync available, as for not telling us it would not be part of the "new" BBRY system.

I have heard a fix is on the way sometime in June. We pray.

I have used 3rd party software that has yet to do the trick seamlessly.

I have also urged those embittered by this to check in with these threads for updates, but if one really wants to let the world and biz community know that this is a serious issue for dedicated BB users, then there are other mechanisms to vent.

The easiest I have found is a biz web site called seekingalpha.com, which is free to register, and whose feeds are routinely picked up by WSJ, Yahoo Finance, etc, ie the larger business community.

Given the lack of a formal response from BBRY on the subject, and their lack of communication, I think it is fair to keep reiterating this issue, lest it fall off their radar. Some say it will not: I will believe that when I see 2way sync working as before on BB Desktop Manager.

Please take a look at seekingalpha.com, and even post 1 or 2 line comments on how the lack of 2way USB sync is making you consider or has made you switch to a different platform. BBRY is far more likely to address this/respond to feedback in the biz world than it is on these threads, given the lack of response. And that is because BBRY (and the rest of the world) thinks that 2way USB sync matters to only a tiny portion of BB users, which I personally think they are mistaken about. (and the ones that are uploading PIM data to the cloud are potentially doing something they will regret one day).  You seen, in these biz threads/forums, the topic of 2way USB sync only comes up once in a while, and everyone derides it as an issue. Unless those in these threads speaks up, both the biz community and BB will treat it as a minor problem.

I agree with others that w/o this function I will not stay with the platform. I can use my iPhone (I believe in redundancy for these reasons) to do 2way sync, will never go to Android because of Malware issue and disklike having personal data sold as their business plan (Facebook, Google, etc...)

Sorry to those who have read my posts before about this, but there are new users who are clearly upset and looking for a way to get the message out  that is really impacting the BB loyal base. Go to seekingalph.com, follow the threads, let people know what you're thinking. You don't have to be biz or stock market expert to post your opinion.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

It's coming. I have been syncing via my email address at outlook com. My calendar and contacts sync wirelessly perfectly. All I am missing is Tasks which I don't think warrants changing phones. For the sake of another month or two I can manage without it.
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z30 10.3.2.858; PlayBook 64 GB OS 2.1.0.1753
My Carrier: VZW USA

I will wait until it is 100% before I consider upgrading because work is more important than having the latest gaget, as much as I'd like to. Besides I'm still torn between the Q10 and the Z10....

We're all out here together...