Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Re: Z10 Outlook sync [lack thereof]

Any updates on this?

Contributor
My Device: Z10 and PlayBook
My Carrier: Vodafone

Afraid not, paleshire. Other than the assurance of one non-BlackBerry contributor on this forum there has been nothing but an ominous silence. But hey! BBM is going multi-platform! :-)
Contributor
My Device: Z10 STL100-2, OS 10.2.1.1925
My Carrier: Orange FRANCE

WHEN ???

"Later this year" is like saying "we made a huge mistake but don't know how to handle this"

Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: ATT

[ Edited ]

dnamer, if you and others would like to have your concerns voiced in a forum that is likely to produce more results, consider the investment community site seekingalpha.com.

I just posted a comment regarding the lack of 2way sync and expect I will get "blasted" for raising the issue as a "non-issue" and a "BBRY hater". There is utter lack of respect for this matter in the biz/investment circles because the individuals in the BB support threads are not posting concurrent comments in places that are seen broadly, such as Yahoo Finance, and other places with RSS feeds. There is certainly no RSS feed for BB support threads.

The comment I posted can be found at:

http://seekingalpha.com/article/1446531-blackberry-is-regaining-its-former-fans-but-the-future-is-fa...

Anyone can join the threads at seekingalpha, just like anyone can join these threads. I would urge you and others to voice your support for the 2way USB sync issue so that it is seen for the problem that it is for us. Or, those who are upset, can just continue to post comments on these BB support threads that are largely ignored (as gauged by lack of response) by BBRY and rely on prayer that the issue will be fixed.

I think the broader the issue is known, and the more people who appear affected by this issue, the more likely it will get a) addressed formally or b) fixed faster.

It is quite probable BBRY is not making public statements about this because they are concerned that existing BB users will not upgrade.

I continue to exchange email with the support team at BB10 PC Outlook Sync, but that app is still not "there" yet.

Please take a look at my post on seekingalpha, register (it's free), and if someone comes back at me and tells me I'm an **bleep** for being concerned about hardwire 2way sync I'd hope you and others would let your voices be heard. Otherwise, I will continue appear a lone voice, and if anything, it will make the hardwire sync issue a lower priority.

Contributor

BlackBerry should respond. With no date provision, lots of BB users might upgrade to other smartphones.
I am close to act so.
BlackBerry must reinsurer its loyal users now.
Not later
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: 9930

The fact the Blackberry pays no attention to it's own community forum should send up a warning flag. I had an issue with an MAC Book Air a while back and posted on Apple community forum. It got attention.

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: AT&T

Perhaps it's in the numbers.  The number of non-enterprise business users to whom Outlook sync is important may be so slight when compared to the number of expected new BlackBerry users with the bells and whistles that BB may never bother with keeping those loyal users.  Since we haven't heard from BB, I'll bet on never hearing and I am now doing my research on a non-BB device.

HiCap

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

branchgoodson wrote:

The fact the Blackberry pays no attention to it's own community forum should send up a warning flag. I had an issue with an MAC Book Air a while back and posted on Apple community forum. It got attention.

Hello,

I try to stay out of these discussions because, frankly, there's nothing to be added or achieved. But, I have to differ with your characterization of these forums. BB does pay attention...but there is an explicit purpose to this site as a user-to-user support community, not a user-to/from-BlackBerry channel for any formal communications whatsoever. The Ts and Cs of the site discuss that at length, along with the information at the top of every page of the site:

BSCF User Comm.JPG

BlackBerry indeed states (somewhere in the Ts and Cs, as I recall) that they do try to and look at everything here, but I can only imagine that all they can do is look for trends...they really can't focus on any specific item until it becomes a trend. Issues reported via the formal support channels will of course receive formal attention...but things discussed here are on a separate level from the formal support channels. Contractually, that's just the way it is.

As for this specific discussion...there are several posts from formal BB folks (you can always tell by their forum Avatar, userID, etc. when they are an actual BB person) discussing the Outlook sync issue. Since I unfortunately saved no bookmark from the actual post, I can only paraphrase what I recall -- something about a commitment that this function will return in June (beginning, middle, or end I don't recall...and I only think it was June...I can't be totally certain). Given the number and length of the threads on this particular topic, it does not at all surprise me that such announcements get so lost among the chatter here.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

Let's hope so. I believe they had the best products till today.
Clear the forums are hard to answer. Buy the issue exists.
Pls tell me, sdgardne, How can I get direct answer from BB?
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

dnamer wrote:

Pls tell me, sdgardne, How can I get direct answer from BB?

Formally? Only via the contractually required formal support channel -- which starts with the carrier, authorized reseller, or authorized service center (it varies by region and issue). That and press releases are the only formal method to receive such an answer. BlackBerry is a publicly traded company, subject to all rules and regulations thereof, which preclude the release of "forward looking information".

Informally -- by doing the tedious search on this site for the post that I'm recalling (again, I'm sorry I didn't keep a link).

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................