Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

Contributor
My Device: Z10 and PlayBook
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Z10 Outlook sync [lack thereof]

Hi Ivcanepa - It worked and I'm happy, although I'd be happier if Notes and Tasks were included. Note previous recent posts which detail the necessary versions of both Link and the handheld software.....
New Contributor
My Device: BB Torch 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone IT

Hi, thanks for your feedback.

I am on same versions BBLink, Z10 and Office, yet it does not work.

Message at the end from BBLink: sync failed, error occurred during access to a record in the BBerry database, with no error code or specifications on database.

I am stucked...

Question: did you

1- connect the old BB to BBlink and retrieve all data from previous BB (mine was a Torch9800)?, or

2 - you had first a unidirectional data transfer from Outlook, followed by changing setting to bi-derectional updates?

I did 2, all data were loaded fine on the Z10, it's after that update sync does not work....

Many thanks and hope you or others can provide further tips. I appreciate. Take care, LVC

Contributor
My Device: Z10 and PlayBook
My Carrier: Vodafone

As per your scenario 2.  I did a one way copy from Out;look to BB months ago when I first got my Z10.  Since then I have been dual maintaining until the new functionality was released in Bb Link last week.  Loaded up the new software, set my parameters, and it just worked.  Sounds like you either have something funny in your BB file structure or need to look at your conflict resolution parameters.  And double check that you have all the prereqs!  Good luck.

Bill

New Contributor

Thanks Bill.

I hope I am close to resolution, but not having indication of error code or parameter does not help. do you have any idea of where I could get/see such codes?

take care. LVC

Contributor
My Device: Z10 STL100-2, OS 10.2.1.1925
My Carrier: Orange FRANCE

Hi Ivcanepa.
It took me a weekend, but it works;
Try to delete from your Account Settings on your Z10 the account BlackBerry Link.
Then, on my BlackBerry Link software on my pc, I changed the name of the pc
Made a new sync. Important is not to touch any of the configurations of the sync after the first.
So try from the beginning the bidirectional option.
Beware, deleting the account on your Z10 will delete all calendar and contacts from it.
New Contributor

Hi Dnamer, thanks.

To you and others - I am planning to delete and re-donload BBLink on Pc and to completely restore the Z10. What do you think?

Any better suggestion?

thanks to you all. LVC

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: AT&T

If I have to go through all of these proceedures to get the same result I get with my Torch at present, I'll keep my Torch until it drops and then check out the market for a new device that syncs easily without fuss to whatever Outlook I'll be using when that time comes.  Hopefully, it will be BlackBerry when that time comes, but not necessarily so.

HiCap

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

[ Edited ]

Try the procedure outlined on Blackberry Help. I couldn't get it to work until I actually went in and Configured my settings first. After that, it worked like a charm.

Contributor
My Device: Z10 STL100-2, OS 10.2.1.1925
My Carrier: Orange FRANCE

Hi. No need to go threw all the uninstalls.
Nor the restore.
It was simple to do and it works for me perfectly since.
Highlighted
New Contributor

Dnamer and all other contributors,

thanks, I followed Dnamer's suggestions and it works.

Some remarks on my experience that may be useful:

- before executing dnamer's procedure I had transferred all data from old Torch (following BBlink instructions): this way I found all my notes and activity transferred in the "Remember" folder on Z10. Not able to syncronize, I utilize a workaround to update PC and Z10 by sending via e.mail the edited text and then copy and paste.

Until BBerry implements also this sync feasibility it's better than nothing (also sync need frequency, at least for me is not so high...);

- on media, pictures and music (in my case from itunes on PC): sync of pictures is easy, while on music I am still unable to do it. Workaround: when needed I update music from PC to old Torch on a micro SD. Then I move micro SD in Z10: no issue.

all the best to everyone. LVC