Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

Contributor
My Device: 9930

Re: Z10 Outlook sync [lack thereof]

Thanks. Likewise!

Regular Contributor
My Device: Q10 & PB 64GB
My Carrier: Telus

Halfway there!

1.0.1 Announcement

That's a good forward pass for 1st down.  Need another for a TD!  (Don't cough up the ball in a fumble.)

D

Contributor
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Orange

Yes - it is true but sad BB have abandoned adults. Focus is now purely on morons and children (not necessarily exclusive).

Now how do I get rid of this stupid Z10.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z30 BES 10
My Carrier: AT&T

I haven’t seen the new Z10 so can’t comment on that - but I do get tired of every device and platform being overly concerned with and geared to “the consumer” and how to help them share every random thought they have and every innocuous picture they take to as many people they don’t “really” know as possible. 

We need a device that is geared toward business productivity and security and that is getting harder and harder to find. 

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

I couldn't agree more. I have to say I do like the ease of use of the Z10 -- particularly the message Hub. And it's becoming more useful with at least step one taken toward direct sync to Outlook. But Blackberry seems to have forgotten there are lots of us in small businesses who use our smartphones as basic tools. I look forward to the next BB Link update. Also please redesign Link. Not all that easy to use. AND BRING BACK PIN MESSAGING ASAP!

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: bell

BlackBerry z10 does sync with exchange just fine.

Just make sure your IT guys give you the server info for configuring it - specific to YOUR organjzation and usually identical to iOS.

Domain: your network AD domain
Username : usually email address or network logon
Password: **********
Server: usually autodiscover.company.com

Caveat : your AD profile must be enabled for Active Sync. If you don't know what that is ask your IT guys because it's in the z10 and that's what is the standard.

I find the z10 well geared towards business. Usually the folks complaining are just trolling. If you complain and don't explain what specific issues you are experiencing - just "Doesn't work with Outlook" then you should probably go find an alternative solution because none of the smartphone Outlook integration best each other as of now. Get educated with the issues and make a relative comparison to how you can or can't do this on another platform and someone will try and assist you. Useless comments like this phone sucks or isn't business geared don't help your credibility. You just come across as another dumb user my Helpdesk has to support everyday.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z30 BES 10
My Carrier: AT&T

Maybe some are trolls but most are just frustrated.  You have to allow for people to blow off some steam over this.  People have been waiting a long time and hanging onto devices that have seen better days…  

The users that come to this thread are the ones that aren’t happy.  The thread title speaks for itself - blowback  was to be expected over this.  At least BB is stating the problem will eventually be addressed – but more “waiting” is now in order.  People hate waiting, especially since they have already been waiting – so I am not surprised by some of the more “generalized” irritated posts in this thread.   

The only part of the Outlook sync I need is the SMIME cert sync and nobody from Blackberry has commented about that.  Hopefully someone will.  I bet I have a very, very long wait ahead of me before that part of the sync is delivered. 

Contributor
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Orange

Yes well Mt Spiritbear

You are correct I did not specify my complaint very well. So here it is:

BB10/Z10 does not sync with a desktop installation of Outlook - happy ?. This functionality was native in previous incarnations of BBs.

Hence I am pissed-off because this capability was of great use to many small-businesses and other adults and it has been deleted or ignored. The functionality and designed useage of the old BB desktop vs the new Link is indicative of a change of approach. And it is to this I alluded. If I want a noddy phone to watch videos send banal cr.p  to my twitter feed (sorry dont have) listen to crud and post pages of my arse to my facebook page (sorry dont have one) i have a plethora of choice, iphones android etc. BB represented the only adult phone out there.

On the second point - you are wrong. "get educated with the issues" It has something do to with your attitude, and that appears rooted in arrogance. I hope your approach to your task with your so-called helpdesk is repeated by any medical examiner you meet in the future, esp if you complain of 'non-specific pains in the chest'

So I am right - BB have deleted functionality that a lot of people found useful and did not tell us or advertise the fact  - it is kinda implicit with a system that fuctionality is not reduced - are you saying i should have expected it. So you 'get educated' about what is being complained of here.

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: bell

adrianyallop: u just sound like an old fart who hasn't kept up with times.. you're the one complaining aren't you..A fear of social mediap? New technology? Isn't that what led to RIMs demise? A failure to adapt to the evolving needs of the general masses; i.e. - the so-called Android and Iphone "Non adult" phones you detest. Now the company have finally come on board and instead of embracing the changes and the way people work now you're stuck in the past whining about your trivial feature request? I'm sure the company had higher priorities when they released the product to match the current competitive offering and landscape (read: nobody cares about that feature) than addressing your specific complaint.
Contributor
My Device: Z10 and PlayBook
My Carrier: Vodafone

Has anyone heard when we are likely to have a version of BB Link that restores the Outlook sync functionality? After dropping the ball this badly I think committing to a date is the least BlackBerry (RIM) can do.