Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: 9930

Re: Z10 What happened to sync for contacts and calendars from Outlook etc

Who knows, maybe BB will surprise us and have all the bugs worked out of BB10 before the 2014 version of iPhone hits the market.

New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Sun

If I need to sync OTA just like using gmail then I'll just use Android rather than BB10

I choose Blackberry because it syncs everything that's in MS Outlook like all calendar entries, contacts, notes, task, etc...

With Hotmail & Gmail, it got its limitation in calendars and no notes/task

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Wow, i just got a q10 today and am absolutley amazed that the Outlook USB-sync (OUS) is not included in Link's abilities.  Of course, one was told "sure the Q10 syncs with Outlook" but funny that no one said "but you have to have a very different set up to the traditional pc-to-device link".  My download of Link told me that the OUS release was due "very soon".  Given that getting to speak to someone at BB via their totally obfusticating and diversionary so-called "support" site is just too hard and that Vodafone UK could not get any further information for me just now either, I am somewhat sceptical that "soon" is anything but a euphamism for "at some point"...

If anyone has an updarte on timing, that would be siginifcantly more helpful thsan the BB folks....must go short the stock.

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Welcome to the club my friend... welcome to the club.

*hands Martin a drink*

The latest I've heard on updates was from the Blackberry support line and the lady I spoke with said "a few weeks."
 How utterly mind boggling that they did not include this functionality though. Right? Makes no sense. Actually, it makes perfect sense if you account for today's "information grabs." I can definitely see myself on Linux and hacked mobile OS'es in a few years.

New Contributor

you found a support line????  my will to live expired whilst trying to discover one in the "support" pages.  What is it? ....and I will return your drink favour...

Contributor
My Device: Passport Silver, Z10, Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

I feel your pain but have become overly patient since I got my Z10 on day 1 in Canada and have been manually updating the outlook calendar from pc to Z10 with the Link "one time" feature every couple of days.  I am hating this system of updating but cannot update via cloud or other online method due to very real security and privacy issues.

I have heard that it is in beta and because I love every other aspect of this Z10, I have been willing to wait months for the most used feature on my Blackberry, a functional 2 way cable syncing Outlook Calendar.

New Contributor

so, for those with a perfectly functioning elderly bb Bold, the work around must be to

#0 wipe old Bold

#1 transfer Q10 data to old Bold - i presume Link will allow this????

#2 resync old Bold to Outlook via oldie-usb

#3 wipe Q10

#4 re-dump from Outlook contacts and calendar onto Q10.  

as i have 25 hours in my day to waste time, this may be possible but it aint plausible....

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

#1 is not possible.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

Thanks Xandrex.  Given that the process was far too torturous to be pragmatic, there is little to be disappointed with your predictable but informed response.  We will just have to wait.....

Contributor
My Device: Passport Silver, Z10, Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

There is a crazy alternative, it is far fetched and way out there but you could click the tab in BB Link that says "Import Contacts/Calendar".  Then select if you want to only import calendar items or contacts as well and click OK, then wait 30 seconds and get on with your life as you wait for sync to become a standard item in the daily backup.