Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Z10 What happened to sync for contacts and calendars from Outlook etc

I don't sync those so I don't know.  This dicussion is in regard to the calendar and contacts data.

New Contributor
My Device: Pretty Sure Going Back To 9900
My Carrier: ATT

MPF94025 wrote:

Well, there may be a few more users than you think who sync with iTunes. :-)

Hahaha, yes my math doesn’t work :<)

It just seems to me like the iPhone users fall into two distinct categories:  super users who exploit great depths of capabilities (like my BIL) and the majority who just love, love, loooove them and tell everybody so but when I ask them how they do X, Y or Z they reply that they don’t do X, don’t care about Y and don’t know what Z is.  That said I live in Ohio not California and there are probably more aggressive users in the larger cities.  I speculate this may have to do with the amount of time spent on public transportation, like the iPhone, I find that I love the Z10 when I am looking at Facebook but not so much when I am trying to make a phone call in my car.

The cloud based email is probably not an option for us, we operate a small poster printing business where we deal with large attachments and I have POP setup on my office and home desktop systems and it is working well, and I really do not like changing things that are working well.  The big attachments get truncated on the mobile device, but I am not doing anything with them until I am back to the shop anyway.

And none of this addresses notes or tasks, which I guess are not that big of a deal but I use them and are used to using them.

If I was head over heels for the thing I would consider some of these work arounds but I am not.  If I am going to transition to something that requires me to give up things that I am accustomed to I would do more extensive research to decide.  That might mean another Z10 again someday,  I just expected a more direct transition from BB to BB but that turns out to not be the case.

As I mentioned, I hope they sell a ton of these things, I think it is a good device.

I appreciate people’s help, this forum is a good resource.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10

There is another support thread for BBRY which is providing encouraging news regarding a "fix" on this from BBRY in an upcoming release, perhaps soon, though I'm afraid to get my hopes up and be crushed.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Z10/New-Blackberry-10-Sync-to-Outlook/td-p/2133497

In the interim we must make do as best possible. Even the suggestions that have worked for me partially, BB10 PC Outlook Sync, may also be responsible for a few BSOD's I've seen in the last few weeks. So I'm sitting tight for now and will have to rely on iPhone 5 until the matter is resolved. In comparison, the iPhone 5 now seems to "retro", home button and no multitasking. There is word an iOS upgrade will be announced at Apple's WWDC next week.

Overall my preference is for BB10 to get this fixed. I only mention the iOS platform for those who MUST have direct USB sync and want to be aware of alternatives as their lives and businesses are adversely impacted otherwise.

Regular Contributor

Xandrex wrote:

MartinA456 wrote:

Still, it beggars belief why BBRY marketing thought that a modest part of their population was not USB-sync'rs:  "Know your client" clearly failed and their development now of the USB-sync looks like a reactionary after-thought move rather than that of a well thought through development program(me).

how do you expect BlackBerry to know if people use the USB 2-way sync feature?

This can be achieved by statistics made by the Desktop Software. This kind of stat requires the Desktop Software to be able to connect to the internet.

MartinA456 wrote:

What is the quickest way to get notification off the USB-sync Link upgrade?

probably to subscribe to this blog: http://helpblog.blackberry.com/

Xandrex,  I'm not familiar with the inner wokings of the BB Desktop Manager, but it most certainly had regular internet access. Otherwise, how would it be able to check for BB DM updates or handheld system software updates and list them on the BB DM welcome screen every time the user logged in?

Now, it's another matter whether BB DM had a built in mechanism to log USB syncing.... and perhaps it did not.  ( As I understand it, the sync mechanism used by BBRY in DM is/was a licensed/modified version of Intellisync, which has been around awhile and is still used for sync'ing multiple platforms to Outlook.)

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

MPF94025 wrote:
Xandrex,  I'm not familiar with the inner wokings of the BB Desktop Manager, but it most certainly had regular internet access. Otherwise, how would it be able to check for BB DM updates or handheld system software updates and list them on the BB DM welcome screen every time the user logged in?

I unchecked the checkbox several years ago and indeed, I never had what you are referring to:

- no DM updates

- no handheld system software updates

and indeed looking at my firewall logs, the Desktop Manager after unchecking that checkbox never tried to connect to the internet.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

New Contributor
My Device: Z-10

Greetings all:

I had success in syncing Outlook calendar and contacts with my Z-10. First, download BlackBerry Link to your DESKTOP. Then plug in your Z-10 into your computer with a USB cable. Next, if you have T-Mobile, access these instructions: http://support.t-mobile.com/thread/43737?start=0&tstart=0 which describe how to sync your Z-10 to Outlook. The instructions (steps 1 - 3) refer to what you need to do in BlackBerry Link to make sync work...and it does.

The last note I received after syncing Outlook is that the process is a one-way transfer of information (computer to Z-10). If you sync the devices again, the second sync of information overwrites the first. Two-way sync in coming in a later update. For now, this is better than nothing.

Good luck!

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Passport Silver, Z10, Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

I guess all carriers are different.  My Z10 has had 2 way USB Outlook sync for some time now with a little glitch in contacts but that was updated a couple days ago

New Contributor
My Carrier: idea cellular ltd

First of RIM has to immediatly developed BB Link which sync with outlook contact and calander.

If any body find such BB link for Z10 then please reply.

Or otherway how we can sync our contac to Z10 by Hotmal or Gmail or Yahoo.?????

Reply.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

vipulpanchal wrote:

Or otherway how we can sync our contac to Z10 by Hotmal or Gmail or Yahoo.?????

Absolutely yes...refer:

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................