Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

Contributor
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: *

backing up contacts using BB Link on a Q5

how do i back up my contacts using B Link?

there is a "Sync" contacts and calendar which is to syn with your PC

but thats not what i want to do...i just want my contacts saved....how to i do that?

Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: backing up contacts using BB Link on a Q5

Connect phone to computer, brink up BB Link (if its not configured to start automatically with device connect), wait for your device name to appear (as a wedge) at the bottom of your BB Link screen, click on the arrow beside the wedge, 3rd option from bottom is "back up"....
Contributor
My Carrier: *

Thanks 

FYI - the backup function doesnt back up "contacts" - it only does application data, photos, settings 

i used the sync feature (and used it as a one way sync from phone to computer) and managed to save my phone contacts to my laptop on Outlook

BUT, for some strange reason, not all the contacts have got saved....would you know the reason? like there are some contacts i added in the last day that have got saved on outlook but some contacts that i entered last week have not got saved (although i see all of them as contacts on my phone)

Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone

Back-up on the BB Link ought to create a full back-up (like on the earlier BB Desktop). However, if you have tried restore and not found contacts then I'm surprised; since I have not had the need for a restore, I really won't be able to comment, expcept express surprise. Shall try a restore in due course and let you know....

Sync with Outlook requires that you "map" the fields. For example, you may have stored 2 mobile, 2 home and 2 work numbers on your BB for a particular contact. Unless the fields are in sync with Outlook, you will lose data when backed up.