Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: vodaphone

Re: blackberry link connection error

i quit trying with BB link and installed the AIO remote app on my phone n laptop yes it cost me £0.75p but it works and alowes me full access to my files/pictures/videos/music stored on my laptop and can download them to my phone 

New Contributor
My Carrier: vodaphone

just a quick FYI i'm only able to sync my z10 to bb link if my firewall is turned off

Developer
My Device: Blackberry Z10 Limited Edition
My Carrier: Unlocked

Try Restarting the phone while connected to PC.
also
Try Pressing the power button till it shutsdown and shows the BB10 icon

1. If any post helps you please click the Like button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

shutting down or restarting the z10 while connected to the desktop pc makes no difference.  LINK is still unable to communicate with the z10.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9550
My Carrier: Orange (Pay As You Go)

[ Edited ]

Isn't it about time that RIM addressed this problem?

Regards,

<removed>

MOD EDIT: Removed personal information to comply with Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use.

rua
New Contributor
My Carrier: vodacome

mine sorted itself out after the latest update of "LINK"

hope that helps.

My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

I went through this entire thread, and finally got my Z10 to link. One of a couple things worked: I went into the Blackberry Link settings and deleted my computer from the link options, I also removed the Z10 device from the program on my laptop, I made sure Wi-Fi was off on my device, and finally I signed into my Blackberry ID on my laptop. Everything is fine now, so for whatever reason these steps fixed my issue in a matter of minutes.
New Contributor
My Carrier: Rogers

I installed the new version of Blackberry link and it either stop working once opened or does not allow me to sync contacts and calendar. This becomes very disappointing.

New Contributor
My Carrier: Rogers

Thanks to those who provided tips but it doesn't work.  As soon as I connect my Z10 to my computer, the program stops working.  i don't even have the chance to work on my settings or whatever other things I might look at. To the Blackberry people, this starts to compromise my work. Would you share the same sense of emergency we have in our daily work.