Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: o2

blackberrylink

I have a blackberry Z10.  I do not understand why blackberry link can not update and sync any contact changes in outlook like the old blackberry desktop manager can.

Why have a business phone that can not update changes to business contacts?

Can I use the old blackberry desk top manager to sync with my Z10?

If not I'll seriously consider changing handsets to ones that can update contact changes.

The old blackberry desk top did all i required of it why was it changed?

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: blackberrylink

Two way sync with Outlook is coming in the next few weeks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
My Device: Z30 STA100-3
My Carrier: Verizon

Hope "few" means three?
New Contributor
My Device: Q10

I got the new Q10 3 weeks ago, this week I disconnected it and went back to my old curve. Blackberry Link is a total disaster if you are using your phone for business. If this is the best they can do then RIM will be RIP. Sync is almost non existent, cannot transfer tasks, notes, some documents go some don't. Worst is you don't know what has been sync'd and what has not. There is not even a button to click to sync, it is supposed to be automatic but you don't know if it has been done or not. As far as the 2 way sync, I know there are smarter people than me who design this stuff, but how come my old phone from 5 years ago does everything I want and the new one hardly anything??
Highlighted
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Saxxman wrote:
Hope "few" means three?

The last I heard was the beginning of June.  Check out this thread.  I recommend starting at around page 74 for the latest updates.  It should be very soon. 

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Z10/New-Blackberry-10-Sync-to-Outlook/td-p/2133497...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

I'm having the same issues with my Z10! I use iMac and I installed, uninstalled and reinstalled BlackBerryLink with no avail! Can not sync or back up my phone for the life of me! So now all it is just a fancy phone and ZERO productivity! Also RIM doesn't have ANY customer support whatsoever so if you have a device problem you are on your own! No wonder why everybody is getting off the BB wagon as I will get an iPhone or Android as soon as I get my hardware upgrade!

Guru II

To say BlackBerry has no support is just factually incorrect. Contact your carrier and they can escalate you directly to BlackBerry if they so desire and can't solve your problem. It's derelict carrier reps that don't do what they're supposed to but rather send you here to a helpful, yet unofficial, support channel.

Guru II

Besides, this thread is outdated. It was started when BlackBerry didn't even offer the capability. Now it's offered but you're having an issue with the offered capability.

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

Actually I just spoke with the provider and yes, they did give me a number to call, but....the number is an automated system that directs me back to the provider or i have to PAY for the call in order to get support which I find outrageous! Besides this being an old thread goes to show how the company isn't making any progress on resolving technical issues or having adequate costumer support!

Call this number 1-877-255-2377 and see what happens! The direct "costumer support" number for BlackBerry!

Guru II

No, it only goes to show the ineptness if the carrier reps. They must escalate the case directly to BlackBerry. Then it costs you nothing. Call back and insist they escalate your case to BlackBerry. That is how they are supposed to handle it but, unfortunately, many of them don't/won't do it.