Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: 02

can't download blackberry link Error: 1723

I hope someone here can help me, because blackberry make it impossible to speak to a human being.

I've just spent the past 3 hours trying to download bllackberry link onto my netbook so I can move my contacts over from my Bold to my new Blackberry 10. Have tried to reload software twice and both times it's nearly successful until an error message pops up:

Error 1723

There is a problem with this Windows installer package. A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personel or purchase vendor. Action RepairRimusbDriverNT.191E2COC_5A62_43E3_B035...

Can anyone tell me what this means in human speak and what I need to do?

Very grateful for any help!

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: can't download blackberry link Error: 1723

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please check the compatibility page:

Typically, NetBooks have never been compatible with any of the BlackBerry Desktop Software apps, and that appears to hold true for Link as well.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

I've been able to successfully run Blackberry Desktop on it for years. I can't see why they would make Blackberry Link incompatible with notebook computers since many people have swapped their laptops for these.

If I can't download Blackberry Link onto my computer, can anyone tell me how else I can transfer my contacts over from my Bold to my Blackberry 10?

I can't swap the sim cards as Blackberry 10 now uses a mircosim and won't take my old, larger sim. Similarly, my Bold doesn't run the most up to date blackberry software to allow for a media card transfer of data. I'm totally stumped, and quite frankly shocked that these basic issues haven't been thought through before they brought out the 10z.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10

I gave up and have sent my blackberry back. Such a shame I liked the phone. I may upgrade later in the year when/if they have fixed these issues.

Visitor
My Device: Z10 STL 100-3
My Carrier: TELUS

I am also experiencing the same problem on my Sony Vaio Windows 7 64 bit. Have deleted all BB software and re-installed once from the site download and once from plugging in the Z10 to the USB cable. There was some indication java might be the problem so uninstalled and re-installed. Also some suggestion might be Windows UAC (user account control) so turned it off and re-installed. That being said am really enjoying the Z10 but need to get over this "speed bump"!!

New Contributor
My Device: Z10 RFF91LW

I am using a desk top computer with Windows 7 and I am getting the same error. It takes me through to the final 4 pages (I'd imagine they are as I can't get any further) and It won't go past page 1 of the 4.

New Contributor

Same results with firefox.
Contributor

Someone at an O2 shop told me that Blackberry were meant to be updating the software this past weekend and changes would be made to eradicate the bugs. I was told to try downloading again some time this week. I haven't tried yet.

Could someone from Blackberry please help us out with this!? As of the moment, I have a Blackberry 10 which I'm entirely unable to use and have no way of exchanging it, since the trial period has now passed. I feel I've been sold faulty merchandise, and they at least owe me some assistance.

New Contributor

It does seem the the download page for the link is down now, hopefully it is up and running and without these glitches very soon...BlackBerry's future rests on it actually.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Orange UK

And I have the same error.  Windows 7 on desktop computer