Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

Contributor
My Device: Z10/Playbook
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

cant connect to internet after Link installation

During install I get a box appear with Printers on the top and "could not complete installation" in the box. then installation finishes and said successful. I can back up my device at this point, but when I open my browser I can not bring up any page. I have had the same result with every version of link, including the new release today. I have uninstalled my old bb desktop software with revo uninstaller pro and still no luck. Laptop is running windows XP sp3, connected via wifi. I am thinking it is doing something that is telling my laptop to connect with the ethernet cable which is why it is failing. The minute I unistall Link, I can connect my browser to the internet again. Anyone have an idea what might be the issue. An update missing for some portion of windows?

Retired
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: cant connect to internet after Link installation

Hello kbalaz, 

Sorry to hear about your issue. 

Have a look at the following article which may help you out. 

After installing BlackBerry Link the time to load web pages with Windows Internet Explorer may incre...

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need anything else. 

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor
My Device: BBZ10
My Carrier: Bell

During attempts to install link I had came across the same issue. When I went to network connections I disabled the Blackberry virtual network connection and it solved the problem while still allowing the phone sync functionality to work. (May require computer restart )

Hope its helps ::Robz
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Z10/Playbook
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

yeah, I tried that as well and it didn't help.