Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: virgin

computer Wi-fi disconnects when Blackberry Link opened

[ Edited ]

I have found that every time I open Blackberry Link on my laptop my laptops wi-fi connection disconnects. If I try to re-connect when Blackberry Link is open it will fail with an undefined cause. If I close Blackberry Link and try to re-connect my wi-fi it will connect just fine.

It seems there are a lot of issues on this forum with respect to connection problems. I wonder if many of them are a result of the same issue I am having but the users did not notice their internet connection was lost.

It seems this issue started with the most recent update to Blackberry Link (but can't confirm) as I was able to open link and wi-fi sync devices for a couple months after getting my Z10.  I am using Windows 8 pro. I tried uninstalling and re-installing. I haven't installed any new programs or devices on the laptop.

This is a big frustration. Anybody have any idea why I am having thsi interference with my wi-fi connection??