Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

My Device: Q5
My Carrier: Cosmote

continues back up

Hi I have a problem the bblink backs up everything 4 or 5 times I have a contact for example and have the same mobile number 5 times how can all the numbers leave and be left only the one?
Forums Veteran I
My Device: BB

Re: continues back up

I do not know why this is happening to you but I had a similar issue and maybe telling you might help with your issue.

I had my phone for one and never had any problems whatsoever then I started to get contacts double and triple so I removed the extras and went to Outlook (formerly Hotmail) on the Web to check my contacts, all contacts were single and none were missing.

Then all contacts disappeared so I went back to Outlook, they were all there and single.

My phone would not add them back, redoing my email accounts should have fixed them but I did not try that and assumed reloading the software would not help so I did a Wipe.

After the Wipe and before adding my email accounts I checked the Phone contacts, it was empty, I checked one email account and it was empty, when I checked the second one there was seven contacts listed, six identical contacts (all the same person) and one unknown contact. The Wipe should have come back clean.

I was going to Wipe again but decided just to delete those contacts. Then I added my email accounts and all my contacts came back except one, it was the one that came back after the Wipe six times and that I deleted. I went back to Outlook and that contact was there with all the info plus six more identical ones that were never there in the past but showed up on the phone after the Wipe and now in Outlook. Now my phone would not let me add that contact, to add that contact I had to edit another one. Trying to add that contact the message from the phone was "it is already added" which it was not.

Backing up to when I first received my phone I had a little trouble adding that contact and tried a few times, I guess it was six. I could be wrong but my assumption is the BlackBerry Servers are keeping info they should not keep and we are not the only ones this is happening to.

I do not think it is Microsoft because as I said before all was good at Outlook and contacts came back after the Wipe and before I added my email accounts. So in your case it could be some kind of mixed up memory being kept at BB or even on the phone but you cannot see it. I truly believe BB phones are superior to all other phones but they have to fix these issues because staying alive now depends on it.

I hate to say this but my Samsung now four years never ! never! never! had one problem, the only issue I had was connectivity, but equated to the fact that I live in a low signal area on top of a mountain. People come to visit me and their iPhones will not connect but my BB will always connect.