Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

"BlackBerry Link" ALWAYS-ON-TOP icon on top left-corner of screen that never goes away!!!!

How the $&%* do you make Blackberry Link stop displaying this "popup", "icon"--i'm not sure what you'd call this weird "button"--which ALWAYS appears in the top-left corner of your screen and is ALWAYS ON TOP of every other window!??  You you can't get of it, even if you close Link.  You actually have start killing blackberry processes in task manager to get rid of it.  How the hell can BB develop software like this!???  Is there any way to get this **bleep** thing off my screen??  Version 1.1.1.41 (latest) on Windows 8 Pro

http://www.nyczoom.com/getimage/a52eopa51KOkn6SRopvL2MjM2pOWoqipZbjS2tLI0J2oka-jldvXy9vY35Cak6WeZNzX...

My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: 6136987173

Re: "BlackBerry Link" ALWAYS-ON-TOP icon on top left-corner of screen that never goes away!!!!

Has Blackberry not replied with a solution to this yet ????  I've been having the same problem since I've been syncing with my new phone (Q10).  Never happened with my previous phone (Curve 8520).  Also, despite software updates, problem is still occuring... I still have a stupid "BlackBerry Link" text on a grey rectangle, at the top-left corner of my screen, and no way to get rid of it other than force removal of all Blackberry processes.  

If it helps BlackBerry to replicate the problem, here are the stats for my pc:

Board: ECS P45T-A Black Edition

Chip: Intel C2Q 8400

RAM: Corsair XMS2 2x2GB DDR2 PC6400 (800 MHz)

GPU: XFX Radeon HD4890 1GB

OS: Windows Vista 32bit (all latest updates and service packs installed)

BB SW: BlackBerry Link ver 1.2.0.28

From what I can tell, it seems the only thing we have in common between myself and the OP is that we both have the Q10.  Come on BlackBerry, get on this!