Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: q10
My Carrier: bell

windows 8 PC crashes during data trasfer to Q10

transfering data from Torch OS6 to my new Q10 with windows 8

the data trasfer seems to work using the BB Link, when I plug my Q10 in to finish the transfer my PC crahses after about a minute?? I have uninstalled and reinstalled the BB Link SW

anyone else have this issue???

jth
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: windows 8 PC crashes during data trasfer to Q10

I got the same issue. And as many others (see crackberry.com) it seems to be a usual win8 2 BB10 OS issue, that win8 hangs after a while. Unfortunately it seems like there is not much help around.  However, if this does not get resolved ASAP, it might be the last BB version I guess.

I used Desktop SW before. Obviously the Link-install does not recognize the desktop SW during install and runs into trouble with the wrong registry key later on. The result was that the whole system - with or without connected device - crashed due to memory leaks. I had to get rid of all RIM-SW before I was able to run my machine stable again. This is not what I want to experience when I buy charming new technology.

However, when I installed Link w/o Desktop, it worked. But still win8 keeps (runing on an ASUS UX31A) crashing as soon as the Q10 is connected for a while.

jth
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: windows 8 PC crashes during data trasfer to Q10

Update:

Meanwhile I graded up to Link v1.1.1 which resolved the immediate crashes. However, the software still seems to have memory leaks as it requires constantly increasing amounts of memory. After 1hr runtime it already captured >570MB which is far too much for such a tool. Better to keep off all automated services.

Bad job done there.Really bad. Sad to say this but it more than disappointing. :-(