Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Three UK

10.0.10 Update

So my carrier has not "purchased" the update to the OS to push their customers as yet. However, I was told I can just use my BBLink or the "Software Updates" web page (on the BB site) to update the OS via my PC. When I do that however, the only thing it picks up is an "update" to 10.0.9.348 (which is what my phone came with) and not the 10.0.10 version. So now I'm really confused.

Anyone have any insight into this?

~d.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: 10.0.10 Update

Hello,

This article has some useful information:

From what I understand, it works best only for those carriers that have not pushed anything out yet...so if your carrier is controlling the OS for their customers, you may have to do the SIM removal trick (in the article).

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

Yeah, as I said before, doing the update via PC didn't work at all. Lol. I guess I'm going to have find me a Vodafone/O2 sim.

*sigh*
Highlighted
Contributor

The OTA via Vodafone/wifi worked like a charm. :-)

Problem solved.

Hope everyone had a good weekend. :-)

~d.