Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: TELUS

10.2 software glitch: search within the hub

I have always hid my filed and sent messages. I receive hundreds of messages a day so it is important to only see what is new.

I do however search messages from the hub all if the time. In the update to 10.2 (migrated to a z30) when I search emails in the hub, filed messages no longer appear in the search. Sent messages appear and messages in the hub only (and deleted items for some strange reason)

If I turn off hide of filed messages it shows up fine. This is clearly a glitch but I use it countless times a day and I can't have all of my messages in my hub.

BlackBerry are you aware of this problem. ???
Is there a fix coming soon???

New Contributor
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: VZW

Re: 10.2 software glitch: search within the hub

Major glitch and still there in the latest 10.3.2.(556)

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

nyjklein wrote:

Major glitch and still there in the latest 10.3.2.(556)

FYI - that version is nowhere near "the latest" from BB. But do understand that via the official methods, someone else controls what is offered to you. While I don't have an exact count (the value you provided is a "Software Release", but everything I have available is listed by the true OS value), I believe there have been three or maybe four releases since, including one that has just released today. But, again, the automatic and official methods are controlled by others (typically your carrier) as to what you are offered. If they haven't offered you anything new that may contain the fix you need, then you'd need to shift to the unofficial methods to obtain the update.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for the welcome and the reply. I was aware that my "latest" meant the latest that my carrier officially supplies and supports. Also, because I'm an enterprise customer, my enterprise frowns on "unauthorized' upgrades.

In any case, since this bug has existed for almost 2 years and through multiple major releases, I'm not hopeful that it's fixed in any recent patch release. But it's really easy to test. So if someone running on the truly latest code wants to give it a try and report back, that would be great.

Jeff

Community Manager
Community Manager
My Device: PRIV
My Carrier: Koodo

Thanks for the detail, I've reproduced the issue. 

Let me check in with some colleagues, stand by! 

Did you know that PRIV comes with 12 months of free, complimentary support?

Call 1-866-533-8067 (Canada & United States), or 0800-141-3330 (United Kingdom) Smiley Happy

Follow me on Twitter and subscribe to the Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

New Contributor

BTW, updated to the latest, 10.3.2.2639, and this bug is still there.

Jeff