Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Developer
My Device: q10
My Carrier: reliance

18 Reasons for choosing the BlackBerry Z10 over i-phone 5

[ Edited ]
Z10 vs i- phone 5
Has a video lightYesvsNoA video light helps when recording a movie in low-light situation like a party.
CPU
Faster CPU clock speed2x 1.5 GHzvs2x 1.3 GHz15.38% faster CPU clock speed.
DISPLAY
A little bigger screen size4.2"vs4"5% bigger screen size. The bigger the screen size is, the better the user experience.
A little bit higher pixel density356 ppivs326 ppi9.2% higher pixel density.
Higher resolution768 x 1280 pxvs640 x 1136 px35.21% higher resolution.
MEMORY
Heaps more RAM memory2 GBvs1 GB1 GB more RAM memory.
POWER
Can be charged via standard USB cableYesvsNoIt can be charged and operated with a standard USB cable with your computer or with USB power supplies.
More battery power1,800 mAhvs1,440 mAh25% more battery power.
Has a removable batteryYesvsNoThe battery is removable and can be replaced by the user if broken
OS
Plays Adobe FlashYesvsNoAdobe Flash with Video and Sound is supported in the device's browser.
LENS
Appreciably wider aperturef/2.2vsf/2.48.33% wider aperture. The wider an aperture, the more light the image sensor gets. More light helps avoiding blur by employing a faster shutter speed. Aperture sizes are expressed in f-stops, the smaller the better. In addition, wide lenses provide a narrow depth of field enabling to focus on the subject and blur the background.
CAMERA
Has manual focusYesvsNoThis allows to manually set the focus.
Has a serial shot modeYesvsNoYou can shoot multiple pictures in a row.
Considerably more megapixel (photo, front camera)2 MPvs1.2 MP1.67x more megapixel (photo, front camera).
CONNECTIVITY
Has NFCYesvsNoNear-field-communication (NFC) allows wireless transactions like payments.
Has an external memory slotYesvsNoThe device has a standardized external memory slot in order to easily extend the internal storage with affordable memory modules which can be SD slot, microSD slot, etc.
Has USB mass storage supportYesvsNoIt can transfer files, music, photos via USB, no need to install additional software.
Has an HDMI outputYesvsNoVideo and movies can be watched on a TV with HDMI input.
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: 18 Reasons for choosing the BlackBerry Z10 over i-phone 5

I agree with everything except the CPU comparison.
Comparing CPUs is relevant only with all other things identical.

on the other hand, comparing a CPU with BlackBerry10 on one side and iOS on the other side is not relevant.

What matters is that BlackBerry10 is multitask, meaning better battery management.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Passport & PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Great post!!!

thnx rob Smiley Happy

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Rogers

A very nice post.

Thank you for your efforts in posting this.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Developer

Thnx Bill.............Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9000
My Carrier: Viva Bahrain

yeah brother,
its really nice post. its absolutely right all the lines. and even theres many more plus points. e.g. physical keyboard. with predictions.. thats awesome and many more other features are overtake the iPhone