Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

A New BlackBerry 10.1 Update Available Starting Today

[ Edited ]

From the Inside BlackBerry Blog today:

For those of you enjoying your shiny new BlackBerry 10 smartphone, we’re delivering another update to the BlackBerry 10 version 10.1 software that will be steadily rolling out on carriers around the globe. To bring software updates to you, we work closely with our carrier partners through a certification process.

Before we get into the features of the update we want to let you know up front when you can start to expect the update in your region. Note that carriers in some regions may take longer than others based on their individual processes. As you may know, we announced a BlackBerry 10.1 update at BlackBerry Live in May and some of you may have already downloaded that update. To be sure you’re getting all the goodness we’ve built-in since then, look for OS version number of 10.1.0.4181 / 10.1.0.4537 or higher to confirm you have the latest update. You can find the OS version number you are currently running by going to the System Setting, selecting About, then selecting OS from the drop down Category menu.

• Asia Pacific: Starting July 29th
  • Canada: Starting July 29th
  • EMEA: Starting July 29th
  • Latin America: Starting Mid-August*
  • U.S.: Starting End of Summer

Why You’ll Want to Update BlackBerry 10

If you can't wait for your carrier to roll it out...

here's a link to the manual upgrade process.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-10-OS-Device-Software/Upgrading-OS10-devices-using...

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: A New BlackBerry 10.1 Update Available Starting Today

Hi, I've done this update and now this phone won't turn on. It is stuck on the blue BB logo after the restart. Any thoughts?

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Three

The 10.1.0.4181 wiped out all my text messages (Q5 - on Orange/EE in UK but Q5 bought unlocked from Carphone Warehouse). Issue all over crackberry forums but nothing here on official forums. Any tips?

johnsor wrote:

The 10.1.0.4181 wiped out all my text messages (Q5 - on Orange/EE in UK but Q5 bought unlocked from Carphone Warehouse). Issue all over crackberry forums but nothing here on official forums. Any tips?

Actually there are many posts on the issue here in this forum.

And acknowledgement from BlackBerry.

Article ID: KB34819 After upgrading to BlackBerry OS 10.1.0.4633 all SMS and MMS messages are lost

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Virgin Canada

I've downloaded this update at least 5 times, and it sticks on blue BB logo. I managed to restart the phone, and then I can't make or receive calls. Other functions are working but software hasn't been updated. Can someone help?

At your Settings > About, what is the OS Version installed?

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

It is 10.1.0.2309 I tried installing software one more time. Same fate with blue logo. Upon battery and Sim out, reinsert and restart, the phone is preparing hub for the entire night. Still, can't make or receive calls

Are you connected WiFI?

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

Yes, connected with wifi all throughout. 6 times download x 104MB must have eaten a lot of my download limit

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: BOLD 9900-Z10
My Carrier: VODAFONE TR

Hello everyone;

If ı didn't make any upgrade to my phone and i use first version of software. Now i want to upgrade my device. Do ı have to upgrade device respectively first update,second update....Or can i upgrade directly the last version of update.