Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Sprint
Accepted Solution

A Practical Suggestion Regarding Battery Covers

I couldn't find anywhere to send a suggestion so i decided to post here. I hope that this will fall on the right ears or at least forwarded accordingly.

To start things off, I have my BS in Mechancial Engineering and I did some work with composite materials during my undergrad. I am a fan of the glass weave battery cover for the Q10 and the Z30. I believe this is the new BlackBerry look and I am glad that it was implemened. 

I believe it can and should be taken a step further. At the moment this is only used the black devices. I believe the fiberglass cover should be extended to white devices as well. As you are aware, woven fiberglass material is naturally white. Instead of using alternative manufacturing processes on different back covers, why not eliminate this process used for high end white devices entirely? All you would have to do between the white and black  phones is swap the material used for the battery covers. This should save time without having a dramatic effect on material costs.

I have yet to see a white fiberglass battery cover on any mobile device. Companies tend to go for the carbon fiber look becaues of the cool factor. The average person doesn't know the difference between the materials, but I can assure you that "white carbon fiber" will be very well received.I believe that it will give the white devices a refreshingly cool look that the company can be proud of. 

I hope my suggestion is seriously considered. It would be great to see this fiberlass battery cover implemented on white devices one day! 

Happy Holidays,

James

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Passport & PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: A Practical Suggestion Regarding Battery Covers

Good day

Thank you for your suggestion, please be advise no actual BlackBerry employee will be reviewing this post has it is peer to peer community.

Also you might want to remove your #

Goto "My Settings" then go to "Personal Information" then go to "My Carrier" then remove # then add your service provider.
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Sprint

Thanks, I think my number must have filled in there automatically. I didn't realise this was only peer to peer. Any idea where to send suggestions?

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Passport & PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

You can't your talking bout Battery Covers not really big issue.
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

We had a forum specifically for product feedback but it appears that nobody from BlackBerry visits there anymore. Smiley Sad

If you want to take a chance and post your suggestion there, the only thing you'd lose would be a couple minutes of your life.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Product-Feedback/bd-p/Prod_Feed

Cheers.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.