Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Digicel

Accidentally reset my Blackberry ID

Hi all,

I accidentally reset my Blackberry ID, now I can't login to Blackberry Messenger. How can my BBID be restored.

Please help I'm now desperate

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z30, Z10 (10.3.2.2876), 9860 (7.1), Samsung S4
My Carrier: Indosat

Re: Accidentally reset my Blackberry ID

[ Edited ]

Hi Marlon

As long you still able to access your associated email that registered with your BBID and remember your password, you can try to fix it at www.bbid.com

Good luck and let us know the result.

Click like.jpgto thanks those who help you • If your issue solved, mark the best post in your thread as Solution message_type_solution1.gif

Self Support: Knowledge Base & Manuals

New Contributor

I keep on getting this reply "This username or password isn't associated with a valid BlackBerry ID. Try again.", as for my password I was initially trying to reset that & ended up in this mess. Is there anyway that I can reactivate my blackberry messenger without loosing all my contacts?

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Resetting is like cancelling it. You will have to sign up again and create a new BBID using that same email address. Additionally, you may have to wipe your device in order to log on with the new BBID.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

And as for the original question, your BBM contacts are lost because your Current BBID no longer exists.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Thanks guys, I did recreate a new BBID. Just hope I can get back my contacts & access to some important data.

Highlighted
Guru II

I wish I could tell you that you'll get the data back but you won't. Sorry...