Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: AT&T

ActiveSync on BB10

[ Edited ]

"You're using ActiveSync technology, so your inbox mirrors exactly what is also on your email server. If you delete from the handheld, it deletes from the server. That's how Active Sync works."

Mr. Sanders:

This is a prime example of what is known as an "unhelpful answer".  It also smacks of arrogance, which is the very last thing that the market needs from Blackberry right now.  Its also an incorrect answer.  I had a Windows Mobile device years ago that used ActiveSync, and it allowed me to keep messages on the server if I so desired.  If Blackberry has chosen to take away the option of keeping messages on the server then why would anyone choose an OS 10 device over the competition?  Every other OS provides the option to only delete messages from the device (unless the server admins have mirroring enforced).  Frankly, everything I've seen so far seems to indicate that Blackberry Inc has eliminated most of what made the "Blackberry experience" superior to other platforms.

Contributor
My Device: Z10, PlayBook
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Feature Requests for BlackBerry10 OS

[ Edited ]

So I just looked at my activesync settings for my work account on my iPad and I see *nowhere* that you can select the option to delete only on device or both. This is how activesync works - it syncs bi-directional. If you could leave mail behind then it wouldn't be a sync.

I also checked my outlook.com account and it is the same - no delete options.

Find me on the Twitters! @jeffgerard
Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

psycros wrote:

"You're using ActiveSync technology, so your inbox mirrors exactly what is also on your email server. If you delete from the handheld, it deletes from the server. That's how Active Sync works."

Mr. Sanders:

This is a prime example of what is known as an "unhelpful answer".  It also smacks of arrogance, which is the very last thing that the market needs from Blackberry right now.  Its also an incorrect answer.  I had a Windows Mobile device years ago that used ActiveSync, and it allowed me to keep messages on the server if I so desired.  If Blackberry has chosen to take away the option of keeping messages on the server then why would anyone choose an OS 10 device over the competition?  Every other OS provides the option to only delete messages from the device (unless the server admins have mirroring enforced).  Frankly, everything I've seen so far seems to indicate that Blackberry Inc has eliminated most of what made the "Blackberry experience" superior to other platforms.

Sorry if this sounded arrogant, I only intended to explain the how it is working on the BlackBerry. It may be incorrect for another mobile technology, but it is correct for the current BlackBerry10 OS.

Regardless, not to keep this off-topic sub-discussion going, you've made the feature request, and that's what this thread is for. Thanks for posting it.

Good luck.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell Canada

I have two E-mail accounts. One needs activesync and the other does not. It would be good to be able to select, or not select, activesync by account. That's what my BB9700 allowed.
Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: ActiveSync on BB10

They are all active sync on #BlackBerry10
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code