Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Visitor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

Auto BCC on BBZ10?

Recently updated to a BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone, and all is well except one problem.  On my old blackberry (Bold) I had the option to setup an Auto BCC (So for every email I sent certain people were automatically BCC'd), and I can't seem to find this setting on the Z10.  I've heard other people say that BB forgot/didn't implement it, can anyone shed some light on the situation?

Thanks

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Auto BCC on BBZ10?

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

The information you have found is accurate...that ability is not presently available on BB10. Previously, that function was technically provided by BIS rather than the device itself...BB10 no longer uses BIS. For now, that is not available...as to if/when it might return, no one can say (as that would constitute "forward looking" or "insider" information, both prohibited on this site).

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Solutions: 6,329
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

SJPhilli, alternatively, many email servers have settings to allow you to set an AutoBCC of any messages incoming or outgoing.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Developer
My Device: Z10, PlayBook
My Carrier: Koodo

And some don't. One of them being the most important one. Smiley Tongue (Well, for me.)

I really hope they add the functionality back.

My Device: Z10, Bold 9900, Playbook
My Carrier: Orange UK

Surely, it can't be that much of a technical innovation to have BB simply add this box to their software? I still don't understand why they got rid of BIS, but anyway...

Solutions: 6,329
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

Because users were demanding no special network, but to have only generic data networks that other devices use.

I liked BIS as well.. but sometimes one must move on.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Developer

[ Edited ]

BIS or no BIS does not affect default BCC. It's a simple line in the headers of an email being sent. BB10 being written from scratch and this feature not being added is the reason - just like the choice to not allow as much customization of bedside mode.

My Device: Z10, Bold 9900, Playbook
My Carrier: Orange UK

If BB are going to dilute all the features that makes BB unique over other platforms, through laziness or apathy, what is going to be the USP for retaining its loyal customers. The old adage of if it ain't broke why fix it. BB have irritated a lot of loyal BB customers (including myself) who are really happy with the direction of BB10, but who want an improvement on what we have had with BB7 not something that gets rid of all the neat features that add up to an irritating experience. I am waiting patiently for all these glitches (don't get me started on lack of connectivity with Outlook), but BB need to pull their socks up on these little points. 

Visitor
My Device: Z10 STL100-4

I migrated from a BB7130e, which I had for a looong time.  I chose BlackBerry because I wanted to retain my extensive list of contacts and my calendar, which I keep in Outlook.  I am disgusted to find that I can no longer sync with Outlook, nor can I bcc myself, and now I find that I cannot leave messages on the server.  My primary mode for email is the PC, and I want all my messages to be downloaded and stored on it.  When I delete the messages from my Z10, they are no longer available to download to my PC.  I guess I need to sync my PC with the server before I delete anything from my Z10.  Makes me wonder why I was loyal to Blackberry.  I guess I need to evaluate the Windows phones.  I still have a week to return this one.

Developer

Regarding Outlook sync, from what I've read, they are working on it.

Regarding email sync, I miss the "delete on device" option, and can't speak from personal experience, but some people on CrackBerry in an obscenely long thread on the topic say that's what you get with the other platforms as well.

One work-around is to file the message - but then you have to remember to check that folder on your PC. (And use IMAP on your PC... but if you're doing that you could set up a filter on your computer to move the IMAP inbox and secondary folder contents to a local inbox.)