Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Free Mobile

BB 10 vs. EAS vs. AirWatch

[ Edited ]
Hello, I've recently purchased a Q10 but I'm literally about to return it back, since I cannot get my corporate emails. Details below: - Our company is supporting BES 5-7 and EAS 2010 (14.1) over airwatch for iOS/Android devices - Since I couldn't connect over the BES (not supporting BB10), I've decided to set-up the EAS account copying the settings from my airwatch-enrolled iPad - I'm doing all the settings but I can retrieve only the mails from "Inbox" and not from any subfolders, even though I can see them appearing normally under "Inbox" (empty though) - Calendar not syncing - Contacts not syncing, although I can search remotely for any contact on the Active Directory - Emails sent normally Questions: - Is it mandatory that I enroll my device to the corporate airwatch policy, in order to get the above working or this has nothing to do? I remember having my BB9900 connected over OWA and couldn't be able to "read"anything else than "Inbox" - Does EAS require BES 10 to be installed in any case, in order to work? - Is there any chance to get this thing working with out going through BES/airwatch? Thank you in advance for your help! C.
Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: BB 10 vs. EAS vs. AirWatch

Chris_A wrote:
Hello, I've recently purchased a Q10 but I'm literally about to return it back, since I cannot get my corporate emails. Details below: - Our company is supporting BES 5-7 and EAS 2010 (14.1) over airwatch for iOS/Android devices - Since I couldn't connect over the BES (not supporting BB10), I've decided to set-up the EAS account copying the settings from my airwatch-enrolled iPad - I'm doing all the settings but I can retrieve only the mails from "Inbox" and not from any subfolders, even though I can see them appearing normally under "Inbox" (empty though) - Calendar not syncing - Contacts not syncing, although I can search remotely for any contact on the Active Directory - Emails sent normally Questions: - Is it mandatory that I enroll my device to the corporate airwatch policy, in order to get the above working or this has nothing to do? I remember having my BB9900 connected over OWA and couldn't be able to "read"anything else than "Inbox" - Does EAS require BES 10 to be installed in any case, in order to work? - Is there any chance to get this thing working with out going through BES/airwatch? Thank you in advance for your help! C.

I am not an expert in this, but have you tried to just add you email by using the email adress and password only and let the Q10 find the server and its settings it might work right away

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Free Mobile

Hello Martin, Thanks for your reply. This was the first thing I've tried but I'm getting an error that the connection details cannot be found. I guess this is because the email is an EAS so I've got to specify the exact EAS server, which I'm in any case doing afterwards. Any other ideas please? It's really weird that it syncs partially and not completely.. Thanks!
Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

Chris_A wrote:
Hello Martin, Thanks for your reply. This was the first thing I've tried but I'm getting an error that the connection details cannot be found. I guess this is because the email is an EAS so I've got to specify the exact EAS server, which I'm in any case doing afterwards. Any other ideas please? It's really weird that it syncs partially and not completely.. Thanks!

Sorry it did not work, it was just a thought because I know a lot of people are going right away to the advance setting andit sometimes does not work well, but the "easy way" (username and passowrd only) work well most of the time

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800 / Q10

I was informed by my IT department that AirWatch does not yet support the Q10, although version 6.4 (which came out in May or June) supports the Z10.  I can't seem to find any information online to verify this though, and the Airwatch website does not have any information about incremental upgrades or specific phone support.   So take what I say with a grain of salt.