Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

BB Store isn't honouring their stated cancellation policy. What do I do?

I ordered a new device yesterday from store.shopblackberry.com. Within hours of placing the order I decided I wanted a different colour. I followed the site's instructions for cancelling orders which states:

You can submit a request to cancel your order on the same day the order was placed (unless your product is on backorder). Please note that your request may not be able to be approved because your order has already been shipped. Click here to submit a request to cancel your order.

This policy can be viewed here.

I followed the link which is provided if you want to cancel the order, selected the "Cancel Order" option from the drop down menu, and wrote my request to merely have the colour changed. This is the reply I received from the BB customer service representative via email (exact wording):

We have received your request to cancel shipment of your order; 
unfortunately we were unable to do so. 

BlackBerry has a NO CANCELLATION policy. 

Once an order has been placed it cannot be cancelled or changed. 

You will be receiving a shipping notification email shortly. If you do 
not wish to receive the shipment and you would like a refund, you may 
refuse delivery. 

Seriously?! What is going on over there? The item hasn't even been shipped yet. Is there a good reason BB is igoring their stated store policy? Who can I escalate this with before this item is shipped?