Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

BB Z10 Email Delete Option

Is there a way to set up delete options on BB Z10 email accounts for delete from BB Z10 only or from both BB Z10 and laptop?  Bold has both options, BB Z10 deletes from both sources.

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: BB Z10 Email Delete Option

Hey LaurieDolan,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This feature is not available in BlackBerry 10, if you delete a message it will be removed from the server.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile (Germany)

ViciousFerret wrote:

Cheers.

I have a question:

Is this feature planed for a future update?

Up to now the mail client of the Z10 is pretty useless compared to my previous Android 2.2 phone (no auto-BCC, no server options) :-(

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Hey mufuhrmann,

Thanks for the question.

We are not sure if or when this feature will be coming.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Carrier: T-Mobile (Germany)

Dear ViciousFerret,

if I had some wishes for Christmas regarding the BB10 POP3-client, they would be:

- Option if the mails should be deleted on the server, if they are deleted on the Z10

- Option to auto-BCC the sent mails to my own mailaddress

- Option if the mails should be downloaded completely or just the header first

I have a desktop and a notebook besides the Z10 and my normal "workflow" is:

When I'm on the road, I'm sending my mails with my notebook and auto-BCC them to my mailaddress so that I have them again in my inbox. When I'm back home and download the mails with my desktop and everything that was sent by myself is sorted into the "sent" folder. So in the end, I have the complete communication on one machine, no matter from which device the mails were sent.

After my 3G traffic is limited, I'm downloading the headers first with the notebook and then I can decide if this mail is important and can it download manualy. Mails that are not so important can be deleted from my "mobile-inbox" and can be read later when downloaded on the desktop.

With the Z10, I have to add the BCC every time when I'm sending a mail. Otherwise these mail won't be in my archive. After a few days, my hub is full of notifications or other stuff that isn't prio-A when I'm on the road, but I can't delete them on the Z10 because then they will be gone...

In the end I have to disable the mail function on the Z10 because the chance is too big to screw up my mails :-(

To sum up the POP3-client: It is missing essential functions / options that a consumer without BES or ExchangeServer might need.

Best regards,

mfuhrmann

New Contributor
My Device: bold 900
My Carrier: Rogers

These upgrades are a game changer for me not to move to an IPhone (Grrrr) instead of the Q10. I have been a Blackberry user since 2003 and without knowing these changes will be coming shortly I will not upgrade within Blackberry.. I gave up my PLAYBOOK for the Ipad because the deleting of emails on the server and not being able to BCC myself automatically. Will these OPTION to delete on server or not? And the ability to auto bcc myself becoming with a software upgrade SOON. I need a new device and these features are ESSENTIAL to me and many(once ??) loyal Blackberry users???
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

if you switch to an IMAP email server, you won't need AutoBCC. Your sent emails will be in the folder named "Sent".

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
My Carrier: AT&T Wireless

IMAP also addresses the following request:

-Option if the mails should be deleted on the server, if they are deleted on the Z10

I'm not sure why people are still using POP over IMAP.