Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10

BB Z10 Sound profiles seriuos problem

[ Edited ]

Hi!

I got a BB Z10 and a problem focused while configuration of sound profiles...  Whenever I change something in one profile, it changes the options in other ones...

I had torch before where there were no such issues... 

My OS version is: 10.0.10.261

Pls, let me know if something could be done to solve this issue.

regards,

mstgeo
Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: BB Z10 Sound profiles seriuos problem

Hey mstgeo,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

What options are being changed?  Like if you set a ringone, does it change to every other profile contact?

Also was this working prior to uipdatomg t 0.0.10.x software?

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers,

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

HI!

Thanks for a fast reply.

OK, going to details:

We have 4 kinds of settings:

- normal

- only phone

- vibration

- silent

- switched off

and now for example while choosing the 1st one (normal) and changing the main buttons: sound to 1 / vibration to 0 and led to 0 it does not change the additional settings in the normal profile like:

- phone

- BBM Video

- Text messages 

etc.

BUT!

When only I change some of above (phone / bbm video / etc) it changes the settings in all profiles... 

This is really annoying. I'm searching how to fix it so I could set my sound profiles like I did it before in my BB torch where all was working like a charm.

My OS is 10.0.10.261 and the phone is saying this is the newest one while trying to update...

If the update is needed to fix it, how to make it ? 

I'll very pleased if you can help me somehow...

see ya.

mstgeo
Contributor
My Device: blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Rogers

I Have noticed the same issue from day-one.

I select the profile "Silent".  I change the "phone" option to ring, but it doesn't override the "Silent" option.  

Isn't there a way to customize each sound-feature in each profile?  why are they there in the first place then?  Am i missing something?  perhaps - i've been known to jump to conclusions heeh..

However, my friend set his profile to Normal (with ring, vibe, led on) and turned his "BBM Message" to silent, no vibe, no led and it still rang, vibed and flashed the LED.  So i'm thinking this is not just me.

Need to have this addressed ASAP!

Cheers,

Fahim.

New Contributor

HI!

This is probably an OS bug, but I'd only like to know when it is going to be fixed by BB team ?

I found several bugs while using BB Z10, if you'd like pls check the below:

- sound profiles are not working - now I'm using normal with all functions set to ON and switch off notifications from the upper menu what is currently only working for me and let me sleep at night

- Once you connect google calendar, do not even try to delete it ! When you only do this, you won't connect anymore: neither personal nor bussiness gmail calendar

- the worse is there's no contact backup solution - the function to store the phone book to SIM card is not working either

I've used BB 9800, and have no problems like the above ones ever ! Now, I got the phone and I'm a little bit dissapointed that basic things are not working !

bye.

mstgeo
New Contributor
My Carrier: Claro

My z10 is muted besides all profiles are with sound on and full volume level. Can' hear calls nothing sound in this device with just 5 days of purchase... I feel I made a mistake buying this....
Contributor
My Device: blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Rogers

You sure you might just not have turned the ring on and volume up.

I have the standard Nokia ring tone as mine - file taken directly from http://freeringtonesphone.com/Nokia_Tune_original_mp3Ringtone(befreeringtone.com).mp3 ... i only use 2/3 volume and my neighbor's dog howls every time I get a call hahaha!!

Don't stress - these guys have been quite responsive to errors, although the device software forum is less so.

Cheers, Fahim
New Contributor

Yep, I'm sure. Sound profiles are not working on my 10.0.0.261 BB OS software. Pls, fix it asap!

mstgeo
My Device: z10
My Carrier: mtn nigeria

Not nice.am so disturbed.my friends laughing @ my z10 and me,full of regrets. Why produce a phone with bugs and error !! My yahoo(failing),no what's app,sound goes off,calls pathetic,video not showing on my video list .. Am in nigeria,regretting.. I love my iphone 4s
New Contributor
My Carrier: Claro

My problem was solved, Carrier changed the faulty unit.