Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Dev Alpha 10
My Carrier: AirCel

BB10 Device is not recognising any SIM

My BB10 device is not recognising any microSIM.  I was working on a new project where I need an active SIM to talk.  But my BB10 device is not at all detecting ny SIM.  I have tried three microSIMs that are activated and are working perfectly fine on my iPhone handset.  But not working on my BB10 device.  

But on my friend's BB10 device, all those SIMs are working and showing the signals.  

I don't know that to do.  Can the forum suggest me what to do.  Is the device I got is faulty?  If so, how can I get it replaced? Any advice?

Cheers!!!

Highlighted
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: AirCel

Re: BB10 Device is not recognising any SIM

You must have got a defective device which RIM should be replaced.

New Contributor
My Device: BB10
My Carrier: Bell

I'm in the same boat. My phone was working fine. I was at the airport sending emails... went in a plane.. i forgot to turn phone to airplane mode so i did it mid air... when i landed i couldnt get the phone to pick up a signal after taking it out of plane mode.

ive been on the phone with tech support for 3 hours different levels, and visited a store... switch SIM cards 3 times. nothing seems to work. did a wipe and system reset. still nothing.

Help? now they are saying I need to send my phone away.

Its **bleep** cause this has been such a great phone!!!

New Contributor
My Device: no
My Carrier: foreign

[ Edited ]

do you still have the warranty ?

----------------------

house galaxy note 3

New Contributor

Yes. Its only 2 months old - so should be covered under the manufacturing warranty? I've sent it away to be looked at but I was threatened if it's water damage I will have to pay a 50$ fee... which doesn't seem right as I didn't get it wet. it was just when I landed it wouldn't pick up a signal. Weird.
New Contributor

Blackberry is very frustrating. They have acknowledged this simcard reader is an issue is an error with the phone and have directed me to my service provider for repair. Yet my service provider sent the phone away for repair and is not willing to cover the issue under warranty. Despite blackberry saying to send it for repair. 

I have now paid for 2 months of service without a working phone. 

This is unfair and I am frus trated becasue Blackberry is pointing at Bell and Bell is pointing at blackberry.

Developer
My Device: Blackberry z10
My Carrier: Airtel

approach with your deaker with bb warrenty..

___________________________________________________________________________________________

*************Plese *********LIKE**** & ****ACCEPT as Solution*** If you got suggestion for your Query.

@RAJESH SVM ----- Blackberry Mobile App Developer, Blaze, India.