Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: BB10 Remote Email search

your old Torch can do a remove search thanks to the BIS account.

on the Q10, there is no more BIS account (general wish from the users, and BlackBerry listened).

Anyway, this is limited to the free GMail, which means that Google harms the user experience except if you pay for a GoogleApps account.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: BB Q10 & 9360
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hey ViciousFerret,

I Want to find E-Mails from the past via the Remote Search of my BB Q10. Unfortunately the BB Q10 doesnt find any E-Mails they are older than 30 Days.

I have a BES connected to my Exchange in use this is via Active Sync.

Can you solve my Problem ?

I apologize for my english.

Guru I

hello HMPHL,

for your Q10, you can read the two following articles from the public knowledge base:

KB15161 How to perform a Remote search for email messages using a BlackBerry smartphone

KB34451 When performing a Remote Search for emails from the BlackBerry 10 smartphone only results from the past 2 months are displayed

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

Hello Xandrex,

first of all Thanks for your Answer.

my question is how can I remove this filter. I want to find emails that are older than 60 days. Is this possible?

New Contributor

I have also another question. it is not possible to open on my Q10 attachments that are larger than 10 MB. A server-page limit does not exist. In my Outlook I can open the attachments. On the BlackBerry I get the message "system under Directive too large".

what could it be?

Guru I

HMPHL wrote:

Hello Xandrex,

first of all Thanks for your Answer.

my question is how can I remove this filter. I want to find emails that are older than 60 days. Is this possible?

among the articles I gave you, the second one says no.

Guru I

HMPHL wrote:

I have also another question. it is not possible to open on my Q10 attachments that are larger than 10 MB. A server-page limit does not exist. In my Outlook I can open the attachments. On the BlackBerry I get the message "system under Directive too large".

what could it be?

hi again, what is the exact error message?

New Contributor

I got an German OS on my BB Q10. Therefore I can not give the exact Error message again in English only in German.

" Anlage laut Richtlinie zu groß. "

Translatet it means

System according to Directive large

or

Attachment is according to Policy to large

Guru I

hello,

you are connected to the Exchange server using EAS ? Was the connection made by the IT of your company?

New Contributor

Hello,

I'm using an Exchange Server with Active Sync that ist connected direkt to the Blackberry Server. there exists a transport rule that is limited to 10 MB. An Change by this Transport Rule doenst solve the Problem maybe is there an Option on the new BES that limit the Attachment Size ?