Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: 32 gb Playbook and Old 9630 - waiting for BB10
My Carrier: Verizon

BB10 sync email, contacts, calendar

While I am waiting for Verizon to get their act together, I am re-evaluating my email, calendar, contact syncing.  This seems to be a major issue on the forums.

I presently use gmail and want to use a different system as I am becoming more dissatisfied with their system.

I own two web addresses.  I would like to stay web-based such as gmail.  But I want to sync with my Playbook, Z10 when I get it, and the future web-based system.

I have no problems paying for a reliable system.

What should I be looking at?  Keep the outline simple as I am a simpleton.

thks

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10 (returned) ** Torch and now my first non BB product a Samsung Note II so I can sync my Outlook,Notes,ToDo list,Categories,I am loving it !! I never knew a phone could do so much !!! hurry up RIM

Re: BB10 sync email, contacts, calendar

I use web based emails for my personal stuff and I find Gmail is the  leader in this.  With the new Gmail/Google chrome for example , all your Bookmarks (favorites) follow you no matter where you log in using a google browser or which device.      There are so many user preference interfaces coming it's mind boggling.   They know way too much !

Outlook.com and Yahoo.com are following but way behind.  Yahoo has not even woke up yet actually.   Google and the Android operating system are so married it's rediculous yet I can see the benefits if you don't mind being tracked. 

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas Edison.