Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: BB10 sync with Google calendar and Contacts

knottyrope wrote:
Delete Account and add in again but Before even entering email address scroll down and choose advanced, then choose Exchange Active Sync. Then use m.google.com for server address.

Knottyrope, Google is slowly getting rid of the Activesync option for many non Google Apps customers. The only option left is CalDav and imap.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

DHungate wrote:

knottyrope wrote:
Delete Account and add in again but Before even entering email address scroll down and choose advanced, then choose Exchange Active Sync. Then use m.google.com for server address.

Knottyrope, Google is slowly getting rid of the Activesync option for many non Google Apps customers. The only option left is CalDav and imap.

This is not what Google announced.

Google announced that for new GMail customers that are not GoogleApps customers, ActiveSync will not be available.

But existing GMail customers will keep the ActiveSync method (ie all users as of February 14th 2013)

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Regular Contributor
My Device: BB10 With sadness
My Carrier: wataniya

Re: BB10 sync with Google calendar and Contacts( I Dont want to sync with Google I want with outlook !!)

The point BB should focus on updating their desktop software to:

1. Sync with outlook

2. CLI(call line Identification) should show the names and not only numbers ( I will not remove the area code from my contacts under smart dialing  just so it will show the name . !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Developer
My Device: Z10 & Z30

bmelzard wrote:

I was finally able to get my Google Calendar sync'd by using these instructions found below. I had all the previous issues noted in this issue: Thanks to the person on Google for posting this. 

To setup calDav sync on google go into the email calendar and contacts account setup page then select add account.

Then select advanced

Then swipe down to the CalDav and select it

Enter the description as Gmail

Enter the user name as user...@gmail.com

Enter the email address as user...@gmail.com

Enter your password

Enter the server address as follows:

https://www.google.com/calendar/dav/username@gmail.com/events

Of course change the above username references to your username :-)

Change the sync interval to 15 min if you like. 

When I do this it results in a calendar that is read-only. Are you able to edit it or create new calendar entries in that calendar?

Visitor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: rogers

According to KB33472 this should work but my Google Apps calendar returns "Service for account (xxxx@xxxxxx.xxx) is not available. Access should be available soon. [error code:403]"
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 9930
My Carrier: Sprint

This is correct. After a few other posters have noted (and I noted in another similar forum posting) that after testing this , I found it was NOT a 2-way sync but rather a 1 way sync. At the time, I was just merely excited that I got my calendar information on the phone after dealing with the noted errors. 

So unfortunately, unless you are a Google Apps subscriber OR like me....you utilized a sync between an intermediary (in my case my works Outlook calendar) in order to get a 2-way sync between my calendars. 

Unfortunately until Google and BlackBerry fix up these little snafu's, there isn't much we can do. As noted in other postings on the forum, this is just how Google wants to play it. It's not BlackBerry's fault at this time. They support CalDav but Google does not seem to want that type of setup to update our calendars from it at this time. If they still offered ActiveSync (which they are under no obligation to do) then this wouldn't be a problem.

At the end of the day, they want to move people to a paid Google Apps like subscription in order to utlize these services (or of course...you could buy an Android phone). OR...you COULD utilize another free service that DOES support ActiveSync and / or 2-way sync like Hotmail / Outlook. 

Like everything, there are options out there. I imagine something like this will get "fixed" sooner rather than later. 

We'll see. 

Contributor

This should work for you as long as the account you're using is infact a Google Apps subscription based setup. If it doesn't, I personally would contact Google as you are paying for something they offer and it's not working the way it should.
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10

How can I set up a calendar on my of which sync s with my bb10? Which calendar works best and how do I sync what I out in by hand to my phone over the past 4 hours?
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

chrislee991 wrote:
According to KB33472 this should work but my Google Apps calendar returns "Service for account (xxxx@xxxxxx.xxx) is not available. Access should be available soon. [error code:403]"

please read the relevant article in the public KB about this error:

KB33447 Unable to configure account settings when activating BlackBerry 10

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor

Hey there, I'll be honest. I read your question a few times and I'd really like to help but I'm really unsure what you're asking. If you're asking what the best calendar option is for syncing, that's kind of a tough question. It depends what (if any) calendar options you already use like Google or Hotmail. Personally, google calendar seems to be causing the most problems for bb10 users at this time. I have a feeling that BlackBerry and Google will work out that issue sooner rather than later but right now it's not really perfect. Honestly , to me, the best option is Hotmail / Outlook integration. From E-Mail to Contacts to Calendar, it offers the best 2-way sync outside of BES server if you ask me. I hope I helped you a bit and please feel free to ask any other questions and we'll do our best to help.