Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: Pearl 3G 9105
My Carrier: Etisalat

BIG Problem: Please Help Out

Every now & then, I keep receiving notifications that my Yahoo Login information has changed or is incorrect...that I should check my account settings.

I keep updating my password & saving but the problem keeps coming back and I don't want to miss out on important mails.

I have been dancing to this tune for upto a hundred times now within the last month and it's not getting any funnier.

What baffles me is that it started just of recent and it only affects my two yahoo accounts.

What could have caused this please?

Thanks.
Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: BIG Problem: Please Help Out

I don't use yahoo, but I have had this issue in the past with Gmail. It was due to using two factor authentication, so if you have that (not sure if yahoo does) I recommend disabling it for at least now. There may be a better solution but I don't have one.

If my post helped, click the like button!

Developer of Reader|YC , an open source Hackernews client
Highlighted
Elite I
My Device: Passport & PlayBook
My Carrier: T-Mobile USA

This happens frequently on my PlayBook, has happened once on my Z10, and never happened on my earlier BBOS BlackBerry models that were of course on BIS.   I don't know the exact problem, but I see it (at least in my case) as a hiccup of sorts between the email client on the devices and the Yahoo system.  It never happens with Windows Live, not even on the PlayBook.

I don't know what can be done.

- Ira
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Q10 Model SQN100-4

Here is the answer to your problem.  It drove me crazy trying to resolve until I found the answer. 

Generating App Passwords

This above link goes to: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/yahoo-account/SLN15241.html?impressions=true

With second sign-in verification with Yahoo, your device needs a special app password.

My only comment is to SAVE the password generated as inevitably you will have to retype it in whatever device may lose it and need it again.  It is easier to save and retype than to do the above all over again, although it is easy enough to do.

Hope this helps.  I even had to assign one for my PC because I automatically download all my Yahoo messages to my MS Office Outlook program on my PC and the second sign-in verification doesn't work with Outlook program unless you use the App Password.  Works find again after all is done.