04-09-2013 01:59 AM - edited 04-09-2013 04:47 PM
I've been using the z10 for the past couple weeks and wanted to start a thread of comprehensive Bugs and Features Requested.
I've labeled Bugs by letters (A,B,C...) and Features Requested by numbers (1, 2, 3...) so that others can add sequentially.
Features Requested and Suggestions for Improved User Experience
(In no particular order)
1) Option to reply in different ways from the Call List. Be able to select a name in a call list and have options to call, text or email the person. The action menu allows calls to other numbers but I can't choose to text or email the contact instead. Sometimes, I missed a call and want to reply via text because I’m not able to talk. (Long hold on the Torch 9800 trackpad button brought up the action menu allowing me to call, text, view history, add to speed dial, e-mail, delete, etc.)
2) Option to reply in different ways from the Hub. Related to above, when selecting an item in the hub, have the option to contact the sender or caller with multiple different ways.
3) Only show number once in contacts application. Tap on the number to bring up the "action" cascade menu with options to call or text the number. Why is the same number listed twice (once to call and below again to text it)?
4) Timestamps for individual text messages. I can't tell exact time on individual text message if it comes in near the time of another text. All messages are in one "bubble."
5) Ability to select MMS or text for a message. Sometimes I write a text longer than 160 characters and I prefer it to be sent in one message (i.e., MMS mode) rather than being broken into one or more standard text messages. I had this ability with my 9800.
6) Send button should be moved for text messages!!! Why the heck is it right underneath the delete button?!? Or next to the period button? I often times have accidentally hit send when composing text. It's very annoying and embarrassing. (Also, what happened to the ability to hit enter for a return carriage to next line?)
7) Bigger magnifying glass. My finger is often over the area I need to place the cursor. I find it difficult and erratic to place the cursor.
8) Select all option. Add the option to select all text in action menu cascade.
9) E-mail recipients and message headers. Difficult to tell if you are one of many email recipients. Can we have a way to pull the email down to see the list of recipients rather than have to click to expand the header info? I know this request is a little picky, but that's how it was done in the previous BlackBerry OS which I preferred; it is easier and faster to pull the e-mail down and 'peek' to see which e-mail box received the message, message status, from and to fields. This change would be consistent with BB's flow/peek rather than click.
10) Browser navigation. Hold down back arrow to get a list of recently visited websites similar to a desktop browser.
11) Dark/Night mode. A night mode (maybe in the drop down menu) to change all the white and bright backgrounds to black or dark which would be helpful when reading/viewing things at night in bed/etc.
12) Number of contacts. Ability to see how many contacts I have.
13) What happened to groups or categories? I'd like to have back the ability to filter or see categories and also a way to contact everyone in a category. E.g., family or friends or coworkers, etc.
14) Shutter sound mute. I was at a wedding and wanted to take pictures during the ceremony but the shutter would was too loud.
15) East Asian Language Input. I bought my parents two Samsung Galaxy S3 phones over the weekend because they need Korean input (and the Kakao talk app). (BTW, S3 is a great phone but I prefer the Z10 after having the weekend to use the Android phones).
16) Ability to freely place icons on the homesreen. Currently, icons are forced top left-right-to-bottom. I prefer to space my icons out.
17) Add a contact to the homescreen. I'd like to place a shortcut (similar to a Webpage) to the homescreen for a contact which will open up the contact. Android allows this feature and so did my previous 9800.
18) Search Contacts by nickname. The contacts app doesn't allow me to search by, e.g., Andy, even if I have that as my contact's nickname. The previous OS allowed this type of search which was very helpful.
Finally, as a note, I've been using the BlackBerry Z10 for the past 2 weeks and it's a great platform. I just bought two Samsung Galaxy S3 phones over the weekend for my parents so they could use the Korean language input and related features so I spent a lot of time with the Android platform, setting it up and teaching them how to use it. The S3 is a great phone too.
I prefer, however, the way BlackBerry has done their OS 10 and the integrated management of messages.
It's too bad that BB doesn't have Korean input and apps like Kakao Talk or I would have considered it for them.
The BlackBerry 10 is a great platform and I look forward to the continual improvements that will only make the experience better.
04-09-2013 07:28 PM
04-10-2013 07:01 PM
Yes, I hope they add East Asian language but I am afraid they won't unless (until) BB 10 is a big success. BBRY pulled out of Japan and I beleive also Korea.