Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 10
My Carrier: Rogers

Battery

For some reason my battery is not keeping a charge on my BB 10. Any ideas please?

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: Battery

By "not keeping a charge", what do you mean exactly?  How long can you go on a single charge and what apps are you using?

Providing this information will assist us in assisting you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 10

It has taken 5 hours to recharge and it totally dies within a couple hours. My phone died a couple days ago and has done this since. It was fine before that.
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Start by doing a battery pull.  Remove your battery while your phone is powered on then replace it.  This will correct 95% of software-related problems.

Start with that then recharge your phone again.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10, Playbook

Other threads report that battery life issues are traced down to few possibilities:

1) If you have an SD card installed, back everything up on the card then reformat it in the Z10. This has reportedly cured a few battery problems. Or , as a test, just remove the SD card and see if your battery life improves.

2) Back up everything on the Z10, then reinstall the OS. This has cured the majority of battery life issues.

Note: It would NOT be a good idea to pull the battery while the device is ON.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: vodafone

My phone has sd card, and I can use it in the evening for browsing and typing. And leave it for the whole night with sleep mode. And then it lasts the whole next work day with blue tooth and WIFI and loads of calls. I am very happy with it. Today it went dead at 11.55pm. I bought a spare battery with slim charger. I just swap the battery. Much easier than having your phone plugged in for charging.