Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Solutions: 6,376
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BlackBerry 10.2 OS Begins Roll Out

Yes, sorry.

I deleted that email account from my device, rebooted and reinstalled, issue gone.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Singtel

I gave your advice a try.  Deleted the account, rebooted then recreated the account - I still get the error message.  Any other suggestions?

Also, I still receive some meeting invites with GMT time rather than local time.  Any ideas how to resolve this?

Try turning your mobile network off and back on again.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

JSanders or Anybody - Please help!

1. Email notifications have stopped working on my Q10 (on firmware 10.2.1.537).  I tried deleting+rebooting+re-adding the account.  Also did a reload of the software via Link.  I verified the settings for the email account...but no notification comes through, not even LED.  WhatsApp and Text Messages are fine though!

2. Email Error - I keep getting "Message body could not be downloaded" for some emails

3. Meeting invites - Some invites are still coming in GMT time, not converting to my local time

These 3 issues are driving me up the wall! 

Super Contributor
My Device: BB Z10

Hi..

1. Email notifications have stopped working on my Q10 (on firmware 10.2.1.537).  I tried deleting+rebooting+re-adding the account.  Also did a reload of the software via Link.  I verified the settings for the email account...but no notification comes through, not even LED.  WhatsApp and Text Messages are fine though!

Go to Settings

Notifications

Applications

Email Messages

Selsct the Account

and verify the notifications

2. Email Error - I keep getting "Message body could not be downloaded" for some emails

This is a known issue with the BlackBerry for many users.. or just wait for sometime till it syncs all the emails..

Usualy it shows when you re-configure the email after deletion . . it will sync your contacts and emails do it wont downloads the Emails properly .. just leave it for an hour and try again .. 

3. Meeting invites - Some invites are still coming in GMT time, not converting to my local time

I think this is related to your Email account .. this might also take time  .. 

Thanks..

Please update the result after applied..

Thanks

ranjanv13 wrote:

JSanders or Anybody - Please help!

1. and 2. Be patient, if your notifications are turned you will begin to get notifications. The message error should clear in a day or two.
After any OS upgrade on a BB10 device, it will take 48-72 hours for the device data syncing of email, contacts, social apps, etc., to complete and finish. High data transfer after an upgrade cause high processor use, which in turn causes high battery usage. Likewise, high processor use will cause some lag and initial slowness. Ignore and and be patient. It can take the 48 hours for all contacts to sync back to the device. And, the battery will recover after a few days. Just don't drain your battery to 10% or less each time, top off the charge. You'll notice a difference after a couple days.

During this initial sync period your notifications might be slow or delayed as well. Just wait and let the device settle in.

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

Hi sameer_it7

1. Yes, I did check the notification settings for the email account....all fine!  By the way, this problem only came after I loaded 10.2.1.537 AND I deleted / re-added the email account to to resolve the download issue (item 2 below)

2. The email download error is quite severe for me - I tried accessing emails 2 days old but got the same error!  Again, this issue came up with 10.2.1.537

3. I have a workaround for this which is to access the calendar....the proposed meeting invite will be there with the correct time.  However, it is very inconvenient because it means I have to do this for every meeting invite

I would like to revert to the firmware version just before 10.2.1.537....do you know where I can find this?  Do I "sideload" it?

Contributor

The email download issue persisted for around 2 weeks after I loaded 10.2.1.537. It's way past the 72-hour settling down period.

Truly at wits end!

ranjanv13 wrote:

Also did a reload of the software via Link. 

When did you do this?

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

I did the reload 12 hours ago.  I did the reload because after deleting / rebooting / re-adding the email account (in a bid to resolve the download error), the email notifications stopped working.

Instead, I now have 2 problems.  The download error and the missing email notification.